Obamacare repeal b/c mental illness

News all over the web has gotten very sticky with mental illness. I’m not just talking about the Obamacare service being repealed and being an end game for those mental illness people that use up healthcare. I’m talking about The google alphabet and the rest of the new’s going around saying negative things about mental illness.

1 Like

Obamacare. I doubt that there are many experts on Obamacare here. It is still a very big mystery. But, in regards to the bizarre and inappropriate use of the emergency room for primary care medicine, one would hope with all of their heart that patients seek out and get a relationship with a family doctor that can last for years and that is the best way to enter the medical care system.

Don’t count on the government to do anything right. For dentistry too. Seek out county care clinics, dental schools, hygiene schools at community colleges for affordable dentistry. If you become a dental assistant your dentistry is free with only lab costs.

The more bureaucracy you place between the consumer and the person or place delivering health care, the more expensive it will be. You are adding people that take time doing what they do, and get paid for doing it. They are paid for their efforts, which add nothing to your health care. Costs will go up like your postage rates. The government is that wasteful.

shouldn’t it be I stand corrected. A lot of these users have to be in Obamacare since a forum is a place where most people look for some sort of aid before they start up their day.

Huh?

“Obamacare” is a multiple thousand page piece of regulation, almost all of which is already implemented. It’s quite unlikely the whole thing is possible to repeal, and no one realistically wants things like lifetime limits or pricing (or denying…) insurance based on pre-existing conditions back.

We’ll see what happens. There was a lot of Medicare/Medicaid expansion built into the ACA, and of course, those help fund graduate medical education. I wouldn’t suspect that graduate medical education will get worse (though it may) but there are no plans to make it better with reduction in Medicare/Medicaid spending. That notion might as well be put out of mind for the next 4 years at a minimum.

Regardless, for the vast majority of patients with employer provided insurance, medicaid, or traditional medicare, there will be zero difference.