Not sure if it was a hallucination

I set 2 traps in the vicinity where I saw it.
Hopefully I’ll get answers soon.

My therapist blames the meds for my hallucinations.
Maybe she has a point.
I recently am on Lamictal.

It’s sort of a new drug for me.

1 Like

From a psychiatric journal online:

Lamotrigine is generally well tolerated ; however, some psychiatric problems have been reported in patients using the drug to treat mental disorders (mainly bipolar) or epilepsy. The clinical features of these psychiatric side effects are: affective switches, full acute psychotic episodes, and hallucinations.

1 Like

Setting mouse traps is a good idea, just in case.

I see black figures moving quickly, in my peripheral vision, all the time. They often times look like black cats, but they’re shadowy.

When I’m not doing well, I see people, clothes and everything, in my peripheral vision, standing and staring at me. But I only see them for a second, and when I look directly at them, they disappear.

1 Like

Yes I set a couple of traps.
Thanks @Blossom

1 Like

I’m also tapering off of Depakote so maybe this can cause some hallucinations also.

1 Like

@Wave, its nothing…
When you start digging the chip out of your head, its serious…
Enjoy your life, there is only one…

1 Like

Just because the house was checked a couple years ago doesn’t mean mice can’t get back in. They don’t always leave droppings when they run some place and don’t make a sound, either.

I’d go with the fact that it’s a mouse. Occam’s razor.

3 Likes

It’s not a fact though
This is my dilemma but I set a couple of traps anyway just in case.

No, it isnt a fact but you don’t need to jump to the conclusion it is a hallucination. You have a tendency to over think things.

You placed traps, which is good. That way if it is a mouse, you got rid of a problem.

1 Like

Ha, you know me well @anon4362788
Yeah I’ve got OCD.

My brother says the same thing about me.

I don’t mean it in a bad way. Just hope that you don’t put yourself down by thinking everything is a hallucination.

Just because we are crazy doesn’t mean it’s all unreal!

1 Like

Yes thanks @anon4362788

1 Like

Frequent feeling of hallucination is related to the acute cause of mental disturbance and that needs to be medically treated. Published in the journal of mental health that this kind of issue can sometimes cause serious mental issue as well.

1 Like

Night one and I haven’t caught any mice in my traps.
It might be too soon but this makes me believe that it was a hallucination.

Perhaps, but such a minor hallucination. By the way, which bait are you using? I’ve found that peanut butter is best

1 Like

I think the traps are pre baited with some kind of odor that attracts mice.
On the instructions it doesn’t mention anything about adding food to attract the mice but maybe I’m doing something wrong? @NotSeksoEmpirico

1 Like

I’ve never heard of prebaited traps before.

1 Like

Yeah I get pre-baited traps @Wave They are a thing

1 Like

Yes they are commonly seen with glue traps.

1 Like