Nope nope nope not happening

My chest feels like it’s being squeezed again. I know its likely anxiety. No use going to the ■■■■ hospital. I could be dragged in there unconscious and they’d probably send me home.

That’s because once you have a developed a mental illness, there’s a forcefield in your brain that makes it so that you can’t develop a physical one.

3 Likes

Look. It’s better to be safe than sorry. Get it checked out.

3 Likes

Anyway, I think it’s likely anxiety. In women, heart attacks tend to present with mild symptoms over a period of a few days to a few weeks. Is the pain in anyplace other than your chest? Do you feel like fleeing?

2 Likes

Hiding for sure

Did you just eat? It could be heartburn as well. However, if something doesn’t feel right, go get checked out. Trust your intuition on this one. Better to be paranoid and alive than be having an actual heart attack and die.

2 Likes

Do you think you’ll go to the hospital? I think you should, because let’s face it; you’re stressed, you’re getting older, your diet isn’t exactly the best, and even if it’s not a heart attack, it could be something with your meds or anything, really. Did you take any over the counter drugs (including vitamins) or supplements that you don’t normally take?

1 Like

I take some vitamins prescribed put in with my blister pack. Occasionally take tylenol. I’m going to meet with a pharmaceutical doctor tomorrow because my dr wants to give me other medications and he wants to be certain I’m getting meds that don’t cause problems with my current meds. I really honestly feel like crap most of the time.

1 Like

Yeah, that takes a huge toll on your body. People tend to forget that the brain, though seemingly existing in its own right, is not only part of the body, but the master controller of the body. Being mentally unwell can, and often does, lead to being physically unwell.

I guess since your seeing someone tomorrow, it’s probably okay to skip the ER. However if you have some sudden inability to fall asleep, or if you wake up in the middle of the night with pain pretty much anywhere in your core, go to the hospital immediately, because that may be your body warning you that something is wrong. I’m not a doctor, but I’ve read/heard stories of people not going to the doctor because they think it’s anxiety, only to keel over and die from a heart attack. Plus, first heart attacks tend to kill more women than men, who tend to have multiple heart attacks before succumbing to them. I’m not trying to scare you. It’s just that heart attacks are serious business. I don’t know if they feel different than panic, but better to be sure you’re okay…

p.s. Try not to let them dismiss you because you are sz. Revealing that diagnosis should make doctors even more concerned about a possible heart attack, but at the end of the day, doctors tend to assume that we’re either panicking or hallucinating (or both) instead of practicing any sort of medicine.

3 Likes

This is the funniest thing I’ve read all day!

On a more serious note, you’ve been having chest pain off and on for a while now. Have the doctors run any tests to see what could be causing it?

2 Likes

They have run tests but always come back inconclusive.

1 Like

I hate that. Do you have chest pain at the time they run the tests? I know with intermittent problems it usually doesn’t show up right away.

1 Like

That’s the issue I think

1 Like

Hey @FatMama, how are you doing on this fine afternoon? Is the chest pain still there? Did you end up going to the ER?

1 Like

I’m physically feeling mostly better. I didn’t go to the er but it’s happening because my blood pressure is very low. I’m getting on a med for that by weeks end.

1 Like

Ah okay good, glad they figured out where your pain was coming from, and I’m especially glad that it wasn’t a heart attack. I hope the problem goes away once you’re on meds! :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you. I am really tired of low blood pressure

1 Like

Yeah, I looked up some of the more common symptoms and it doesn’t sound pleasant. Seems to me that it basically makes you feel like you have the flu. Must be awful living like that every day.

1 Like

It is and I’m so weak I have mobility issues. Stairs are so scary and I live in a bilevel so I’m doing stairs a lot.

Ah, yeah we live in a 2 story house as well. I don’t know what to tell you. Hopefully, the weakness goes away soon after start your meds, but if it doesn’t, you may want to consider moving into a single story. How old are you?

1 Like