No voices today!

Maybe the Abilify is starting to work? I’ve been on it for a couple weeks now, started at 20mg then went up to 30mg.

The akathasia is pretty bad, going to ask for Cogentin on Monday (pdoc appointment) but luckily I have a job that lets me move around a bunch.

Still struggling with some unusual beliefs, thought insertion etc. But no hallucinations!!

6 Likes

Cool!!! I’m happy for you :blush:. The abilify must be working. What were your voices like when you had them? Smart and intelligent?

1 Like

How long have you been hearing voices?

1 Like

They mostly just said garbage nonsense, or else tried to make me paranoid and self-harm. I’ve been hearing them for more than a year now, but it got really bad in the last few months when I went off my medication

2 Likes

I’m glad you found a medicine that works for you again. I’d never go out for my meds, my voices were experts in making me think they were real and caused me loads of delusions, thank god a med to ncrease got rid of mine. They were super scary :ghost:

1 Like

Scary is the right word for sure. Boo!

1 Like

Wow, congrats on the no voices. That must be a relief.

1 Like

Glad to hear you are feeling better!
So sorry to hear you’ve been going through a rough patch. :frowning:
Hope it keeps on improving, abilify worked well for me so far.

2 Likes

I find abilify to be a great AP. It did take about 3 months for it to fully take effect and settle things down though. I started on 15mgs then reduced to 10mgs. I hope it really works out for you.

2 Likes

Me too, took about two months but then it has been working so far

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.