No voices in hospital

they went away. I heard them for years but when I was admitted to the hospital they were gone. is the hospital like holy ground for the voices that they don’t disturb me there? I hadn’t even gotten my meds yet. what’s a hallucinating sz supposed to do when he suddenly stops hallucinating?

7 Likes

Sometimes the feeling of finally feeling safe makes people react in weird ways. I have a friend who sleeps like 4 hours a night, but every time he goes to the hospital, he spends the first 24hours asleep.

1 Like

I’ve had bizarre experiences in hospital too. I can’t explain it. I think my first post on this forum was asking people if they had anything happen to them in hospital that they couldn’t explain.

If I was to look for a rational explanation for what you experienced I’d say placebo effect (expecting the meds to work in a special environment is classic placebo land )

1 Like

I think being admitted must change my alertness level and I don’t notice the voices or something. maybe just placebo like you say

I did have some unusual dreams in there though. my most recently stay I had this dream about witches experimenting with me.

1 Like

I had an awesome dream in the hospital that made me think I’d been visited by God. I can’t describe the dream now but I remember that it was something else.

1 Like

For a while there my doctor wanted me to go on a rota - two weeks in hospital, two weeks in the community and repeat. I only got relief on the ward. Think I was pretty close to ending up institutionalised.

How times have changed. I now view the ward very dimly.

2 Likes

interesting. how long did that last? why did he think it would help to have both experiences?

2 Likes

Those doctors and hospital staff really know what they’re doing:
-Socializing
-Regular sleep times
-Regular meal times
-Activities
-Encouraging family visits
-Physical activity (ping pong, basketball, walks)
-General physical checkups for underlying conditions
-stop-smoking patches
-encouraging hygiene/showers
-nurses checking in to distract from voices
-housing/stress-free environment
-Love

Even before meds there’s a lot of treatment going on

2 Likes

It went on for a good few years. I just wasn’t coping in the community. I only felt safe on the ward. But all that has changed now - is really hard to get on the ward now.

1 Like

Oh I had to spend time out of the ward or else I would have lost my housing.

2 Likes

so you’d prefer to be in a ward still? or you like it better in the community

1 Like

Hell no. All the good staff left and now staff moral is awful. Being on the ward would bring me down now.

But I would like to live in a group home though. But we don’t have those where I live.

1 Like

Interesting. The first time I was admitted my voices left me too. Like within that day or something like that. And I also had a dream of people dragging me away to do medical experiments on me and I didn’t want to go well they weren’t witches per se but similar theme.

1 Like

yeah I can’t really explain why the voices left me there. yeah interesting we share something in common

1 Like

Was that on ur first admission to the psychiatric hospital or some random other time?

1 Like

i was just prodromal my first admission. it was my most recent admission. my 3rd time

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.