Hosptialss

Do you fell a sense of relief and calmness when you in hospital or does it do you in even worse…

I always hallucinate 10 x harder in hospital and make things worse even on meds and even if it was a casual book in.

I once asked a docotr and she just smiled at me. wtf

What are some of the most ridiculous things you have done or hallucinated while in hospital.

Dont be shy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For me, it’s a 100 times worse!

I feel much worse in the hospital. I have a theory that they do it that way on purpose. When they see you at your worst, they get a better idea of how to treat you.

The weirdest thing I ever did at the hospital was climb the walls of the padded room and hide on the ceiling. Then, when the nurse came in to check on me, I jumped down and shouted, “BATMAN!!!” I was extremely out of it.

7 Likes

haha that made ma laugh :joy:

1 Like

what about having normal operations at hospitals how do u relate to the drugs they give you like morphiine or Anesthesia.

Operations freak me out cause im worried im going to lose my mind in the op

Regular procedures at the hospital don’t bother me at all.

i went so crazy when i had an operation i had just had my chest cut open. 2 days just before leaving ICU i thought there was a shooting in the hospital. i got back to mu=y ward and hid all my items like my bag and started seeing these terrible creatures walking towards the entrance so wedged the door closed with everything i could find. I could hardly walk but was so freaked i was running around the ward. they managed to get in and i tried to fight them all screaming the devil is inside the walls the entire night. they gave me so much pethadine and morphine after that i think i just turned into air.

These people i dont think had ever seen psychosis i think i blew their minds.

It went on for 12 hours.

Im so scared to go back for a operation.

That’s horrible. Hopefully, they will have it in your records now, so if you ever need a procedure in the future they will know to monitor you closely for signs of a psychotic episode.

1 Like

My greatest fear is surgery cuz u can’t take pain pills if ur on naltrexone and that med is my life saver!

1 Like

whenever i get admitted into a psych ward, i do all the things required to get out as quickly as possible

3 Likes

The way I cope is to have headphones in my ears with music, podcasts, or audiobooks. The meds never worked well so this is my only way of coping. So staying in a behavioral ward where headphones aren’t allowed has the opposite effect of helping me.

Add to that that the behavioral ward nearest me (not the one where abuse took place) either doesn’t have individual therapy or never offered it to me. It seems incredibly silly that I can get more forms of treament on the outside, and again, I have no way to cope in there.

1 Like

I like going to the hospital when I am at my worst because I feel safe r
The only thing that bothers me is they do not give me a room so I have to stay in the emergency and get humiliated by hot young intelligent doctors who are in their 30’s and doing their stage there :smile:

Also one more thing is seeing a lot of sick people, gets me. Last time I was there, there was a young woman who was crying out loud and screaming, it was a disaster.

Weirdest thing I did was climb on top of the wardrobe because they told me I had to get a new perspective.

Don’t think that’s what they meant :l

2 Likes

Hospitals were always bad experiences for me. I usually entered hospitals a a lasdt resort; like when I was two seconds away from going stark raving mad. And I don’t know if they still do this but whenever I was hospitalized in the 80’s, they put you on massive doses of medication. Hospitals were interesting places in many ways but they are places I pray that I never need to go into again.

3 Likes

I was admitted involuntary to psychiatric hospital all times and was really scared at first.

I was scared all three times I think but after few days it seems to settle.

I think it’s good they have such nice food and care available.

It varies. Sometimes, I feel safer in a hospital and sometimes I get even more paranoid while in the hospital.

How so? what make it hard at the hospital that gets you sick?

I’m a lot safer in hospital compared with walking at night picking up strangers being thrown out at 2 and finding myself absconding and disappearing with a guy where i lost my memory.
it stops me from drinking and picking up men in town and putting my living situation at risk by spending money or loaning money.

it stops me from trying to break down doors and stealing food and begging.

I was pretty vulnerable for a 30 y o woman
marginally safer in hospital

I really think if you are bored in there you’re not unwell enough and i ran out of excuses to smoke a lot of people quoting boredom as the reason they were smoking
i quit when i was in there 16/06/06
i mean yah i probably got bored but i think most of the time i was too delusional to consider what to do

I felt safe in hospital but my voices used to torment me a lot when i was there. And it was boring a lot of the time. I’m glad to know they are there if I need them, but I hope to stay well on my meds I’m taking now. The one thing I loved about hospital though, was meeting other people with sz or bipolar and chatting to them.
Didn’t do anything crazy in hospital, was too scared I’d go to locked ward. Cried a lot in some hospitalisations, otherwise was pretty much together.