Nitrated meat products are associated with suicide behavior in psychiatric patients

5 Likes

I do eat processed meat and I do smoke, and have passively contemplated the idea of ending my life, but never in a serious manner.
Anyway correlation =/= causation, so it doesn’t mean that if people at risk stop eating meat or smoking, they will automatically get rid of suicidal ideation.

3 Likes

Process meat makes me SICK
I agree

2 Likes

İ think nitrates last thing to consider at meats. Real danger is antibiotics in meat products.All meat products contain serious amount of antibiotics and this make resistant to your body aganist antibiotic treatment. And this is really dangerous. Actually this epidemic already started. Lot of patients and doctors complaint about untreatable infections since 2010’s.before then antibiotic injections was really rare treatment method on infections. Now is very common and all this cases related to meats with antibiotics

1 Like

Urban legend. My wife’s parents raise cattle. You can’t take the cattle to market for a certain time after you give them antibiotics. Meat is also regularly tested to make sure it doesn’t contain them. Truth is, our meat supply is extremely safe.

5 Likes

I was more suicidal when still living with my parents. I ate less nitrated meat then.

1 Like

Processed meat products are disgusting for the most part.

1 Like