Nicotine may benefits schizophrenia

I stopped smoking using the patch greater than five years ago. I used the patch for about six weeks. Now I’ve been nicotine free for greater than five years.

Should I try nicotine again?

J.

1 Like

I cant answer that for you.

Talk to a GP or pdoc and see what they say.

You know al these folks who said stopping smoking was really going to give me new life?

NO.

For example, I used to ask doctors why am I tired all the time? Typically, they would say, “Well you take enough medication to sedate a horse. If you stopped smoking you wouldn’t need as much medication.”

WRONG.

But I am saving money.

Tax on tobacco is such a Regressive Tax, but at least I’m out of it for the time being.

1 Like

The chemicals in cigarettes may cause you to up the dose of your medication.

Do some research about isolated nicotine and it’s benefits, it has no correlation to cigarettes.

If you want the benefits of nicotine without the addiction, try nicotinic acid (niacin). The no-flush kind is fine for this , but not the time release kind, which is bad for the liver.

1 Like

You’d be popping Niacin the whole day.

Nicotine has a half life of about 2 hours.
Niacin has a half life of about 30 mins.

1 Like

Niacinamide (no-flush niacin) has a half life of 4-6 hours.

Inositol Hexanicotinate has an even longer life, with peak blood levels happening after 6-12 hours.

1 Like

Ahhh yes Niacinamide, completly forgot about that.

1 Like

Yeah for sure. Marries well with your symptoms and calms you but other things can help too like exercise.

Nicotine is a nasty drug. It’s too addictive and it’s too damaging for your health. Best thing I ever did for my health was get rid of the cigs!

1 Like

:smirk::upside_down_face:

Nicotine receptors are in your head for most folk. It’s still a nasty drug even considering delivery. Your just ignoring a big problem. Nicotine is nasty. I’m an ex addict and know a lot about it.

2 Likes

I’m so painfully addicted to nicotine. I haven’t had any in five years, but I fear if I took just one dose of nicotine, I’m be back as an active addict.

When my addiction to smoking is set up and going, I’d do anything for another cigarette.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.