Nicotine and genetic hypofrontality in schizophrenia

80-90% of schizophrenics smoke.
No wonder why I was able to work 9 months soon after using 40mg/mL nicotine but once I took Wellbutrin which blocks nicotine I couldn’t work anymore. I think my pdr broke my brain accidently by killing my nicotine receptors. I still can’t get high from nicotine after months of stopping Wellbutrin. I will tell him this 25 June.

What other way to reduce hypofrontality?

“Recently, genome-wide association studies (GWAS) identified single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the human CHRNA5 gene, encoding the α5 nAChR subunit, that increase the risks for both smoking and schizophrenia”

They inserted a human brain genome in a mouse and it worked, wow, is that even legal?

“we developed a mouse line expressing the human α5 variant to investigate the impact of this variant on behaviors associated with schizophrenia and to determine the neuronal and circuitry mechanisms underlying cognitive deficits.”

I’m not sure, but I think Strattera increases dopamine in the prefrontal cortex.

1 Like

Strattera has psychosis as a possible side effect, I wouldn’t touch something that increases dopamine. Maybe there is other ways to stimulate the PFC than dopamine?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.