Newest drawing

Here’s a drawing I started tonight, but it’s still a work in progress. I don’t usually color my art, so I hope you guys like it.

32 Likes

Nice one…
:kissing_heart:
!@@

2 Likes

I think you should consider coloring your artwork more often if these are the results :+1:

5 Likes

Thank you both.

The reason I usually don’t color my drawings is because I almost always use realism, and try to make my drawings as realistic as possible. I don’t have high enough quality colored pencils to still make them look realistic with color.

I will consider drawing more unrealistic drawings, like the one above, and color them though.

4 Likes

Very good! I hope to see more drawings from you.

2 Likes

Thank you! I plan on posting many more. I actually have posted many of my drawings in the last two years or so on here. My favorite one is probably the one of the eye I did about a year ago. I can post it here if you would like to see it, if you haven’t already.

2 Likes

I wish I could draw like this. Such a great drawing, well done

1 Like

Yes, post the eye!
You are a very good artist @redanne!

1 Like

Very cute. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like it :slight_smile: nice rabbit !

2 Likes

I have posted it at least twice before on here, but here you go. This is probably the best drawing I’ve ever done, at least it is in my opinion.

12 Likes

And thank you to every one who has replied so far!

3 Likes

Wow that’s Spectacular! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. It was my first drawing using a mixture of charcoal and graphite. I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

1 Like

That is insane. (good insane) That might be the most realistically drawn eye I’ve ever seen. You even have the blood vessels in the eye perfectly. I’m assuming you worked off of a high res photo. The attention to detail is awe inspiring.

1 Like

I love the colors!! :smiley:

1 Like

Wow! That means a lot to me. Yes, I think it was a pretty high res picture that I used, if I remember correctly.

I’ve had a lot of practice drawing eyes, especially since they’re my favorite thing to draw. I ended up giving the one you liked to my dad for Christmas, and I think he has it framed.

I’ve improved drastically in just the past year. I made a topic on here once titled “drawing from a year ago compared to now,” or something like that, but the one that was a year ago (from the time I posted the topic) was not good at all compared to the one you complimented.

1 Like

Yes, I’m a big fan of the colors I used as well. Thank you. The greenish color is called “sea green,” and it’s probably my favorite one I used.

I also like the combination of the blue and pink I did. That’s my favorite color combination.

2 Likes

I have now finished this drawing, but I’m not home at the moment. I’ll post the finished drawing whenever I can, either in this thread or as a separate topic.

3 Likes

I like both drawings. I always think of rabbits as shy. And the drawing of the eye is quite realistic and I can almost see a real person there. I mean I can relate to a whole face there. I see some fear in the eye.

1 Like