New to schizophrenia

Just wanted to say hello, I’m net diagnosed with schizophrenia. I’m having auditory and seldom visual hallucinations. Started on Olanzepine today, first dose tonight.

I hope to stick around and get better, thank you all.

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Mokelizer !

3 Likes

HI. Welcome to the forums. I’ve been on zyprexa olanzapine for about 20 years now and it’s been a good med for me.

3 Likes

watch what you eat and exercise regularly

4 Likes

Welcome aboard my man :grin:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. :lizard::lizard::lizard:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!! Have you told a psychiatrist about your symptoms?

3 Likes

Yes, he prescribed me Olanzepine. 5mg first night tonight.

3 Likes

Ok. That’s good. I hope it helps

3 Likes

Lol thanks, I’m aboard the crazy boat. It helps to have a diagnosis though

4 Likes

A diagnosis might Simply Be confirming the cluster of symptoms you already know you’re having. I hear you though, a diagnosis makes it more concrete

3 Likes

I think drs take their time getting to know you and your symptoms for a while before deciding on a specific diagnosis. It’s more accurate that way

2 Likes

That is reassuring, rhBk you rogueone

2 Likes

welcome
be courageous and be ready to everthing and anything
hope you good life

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum boat.

Hope you enjoy your stay and perhaps learn some new things that might benefit you.

2 Likes

Welcome schizophrenia still feels fairly new to me also.

2 Likes

Welcome to this forum.

2 Likes

I’ve been on olanzapine for a couple of years now with great results. Hope it works out similarly for you, good luck and welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Welcome
I’m still fairly new to it all aswell and still learning more about the illness everyday. Hope the forum can help you it certainly has helped me.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, I’m on Olanzapine 5mg+Amisulpride 100mg. Olanzapine is a good med for me.

2 Likes