New 'thing' - stopped writing for theatre - now triathlon

I have to be stupid to say it out loud before my first swim today

but i really need a focus and everything apart from family and one very unwell friend has been dropped from my life for a while now

I’ve lost 21 lbs so far… quit added sugars… and have a goal to swim run and bike

the supersprint distance is first 300m swim, 7.5k bike 2.5k run

going to do that in April

anyone want to cyber join me?

3 Likes

first swim was an easy swim - 4 / 5 x 25 freestyle and about 15 x 25 breast stroke

not punishing myself because I sprained my ankle falling into a hole hidden by a puddle in wellies in August

it’s a bit of a bucket list thing this so i am kind of in a hurry kind of not

1 Like

I can’t swim beyond doggy paddling, never really learned. I had a near-drowning experience when I was 7 years old, and just mostly avoided the water after that. Good luck with the triathlon though! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sounds like a difficult thing to recover from!

Thanks - i’m planning a few - getting to a higher distance in autumn and autumn 2019

no idea how long it will go on after that - if i don’t enjoy it i won’t keep it up

i haven’t done much swimming in my life and getting to the pool or sea or river is impossible… for me to keep up but when i swam and ran and cycled for a few weeks… the running was SO much more enjoyable and felt completely different.

intention is not to become a maniac

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.