New here, and exhausted

This is my first post here. I have Paranoid Schizophrenia, and have had it for 28 years. In fact, that’s kinda what this post is about.

For the past several weeks, I have been feeling like I don’t know how much more I can continue fighting schizophrenia. For almost 30 years, I’ve battled this through many different meds and hospitalizations, and it just feels tiring. I’m tired of fighting. I’m tired of everything actually. Waking up with this pain every day and trying to get through yet another hard day is exhausting. It’s soul crushing. On one hand, I want to give up and give in, and the other part of me wants me to keep fighting and strive for a better life. That negative voice in my head (I don’t mean the hallucinations) tells me to call it quits. But I instinctively push forward anyway.

Anyone else here that can relate? Anyone who’s been diagnosed for a long time and finds themselves just utterly worn out? Anyone who thinks after a while it seems like fighting a losing battle but soldiers on?

2 Likes

It’s not a losing battle.

If you fight hard, you will make progress.

But I understand being tired of it.

2 Likes

Welcome @Rytis to the forum! Glad you found us!

I have only been trying to treat sza (schizoaffective) for 8 years so far and no drug or treatment makes the men stop following, recording, judging, and having others reporting on me. I hate it. I hope others here can help you feel better. Regardless, this is a good community and I believe you’ll find great support here.

A few tips on things that confuse newbies:

Cake day is the anniversary date of when you joined.

The 1515 or other numbers at the end of peoples posts are because there’s a 15 character minimum to post. So people put 15s after until they get to the minimum characters to post.

To tag someone, put the @ followed by the name.

Here are the moderators if you need them:
@Bowens @rogueone @anon4362788 @anon55031185 @Moonbeam

2 Likes

You’ve summed up my situation. I was diagnosed 13 years ago more or less.

It gets tiring sometimes. The random nature of it. Some days I feel fine, and some days are horrific.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips @CoCo! That was quite helpful, thank you.

1 Like

You’re welcome @Rytis :slight_smile:

work with your pdoc on trying to find the med for you…that’s what it took for me to finally have hope for the future…I am on prolixin generic…fluphenazine…and love it…it’s in your meds I bet man.

1 Like

Welcome @Rytis , and I understand completely. Ive had it for just as long and am utterly tired of it and the meds. Its exhausting.

1 Like

It’s “good” to hear that someone can empathize and relate. This disease can be a real kick in the pants. I’m sorry you’re enduring the same thing @Sherlock. I’m glad someone else understands, and sometimes that’s enough to be validating by itself.

1 Like

Welcome!

Yes, I hear you. I’ve been in the mental health system since 1989 and I am so tired of fighting.

1 Like

It seems like there are a lot of people here who can relate an feel roughly the same way. Sorry you’re dealing with this @anon39736208. It’s a tough position to be in.

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you will feel better soon.

I felt hopeless about it years ago.
Second after second, hour after hour ,month after month n years after years of suffering n voices etc but for me it got better thankfully.

Don’t give up hope.

Things can get better.

Do you have good moments sometimes?

Take care!

3 Likes

@SacredNeigh7, yeah, I have my good moments. I’m not flat on back and giving up, I still enjoy things in life. But every now and then I just get tired of it and frustrated. It’s a relentless, determined disease. Could do without it - but I also realize it could be way worse too or an even more awful affliction.

Thank you for your thoughts. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.