Nervous about School budget vote

Today the community votes on the school budget. It includes a large increase funding request for our library.

Nervous and hopeful

4 Likes

Hope it works out well for ya’ll. I’d imagine a stressful process so good luck.

1 Like

I hope it passes. Education in general is in dire need of more funding

1 Like

Thanks guys.

We are the least funded but the only 4 day a week summer reading camp in the 5 cpunty library system. We are well loved by the community, so we usually get increases. It’s just nerve wracking because this is the largest we ever asked for.

1 Like

Wow. Very cool thing you’re doing. I really hope you get the funds!

Hey good luck that sounds really cool

1 Like

Thanks, you!

In other library news, we got the check for my grant last Thursday, the one I did an acceptance speech for.

Yesterday my boss ordered everything on.my Amazon list PLUS a projector and screen!

She ALSO approved 2 of my ideas- putting up a patron suggestion box and…starting a farmer’s market on our property each weekend!

4 Likes

Those are great ideas! Do you have a degree in library science by any chance?

Nope. At this point it would be a waste of thousands of dollars that I would never make back.

1 Like

Just ran the farmer’s market idea by a board member! She loves it!

2 Likes

Well, even if you’re not going to be a full fledged librarian, I think you’ve found your calling. You’re definitely in the right place doing the right thing

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.