Neighbors dog

So I was hanging out with my neighbor the other night. I had my Maltese poodle and he has a corgi. Anyways my dog was playing with her toys and ate some of her food. But my neighbor would let his dog bark and yap. It’s as though he wants his dog to be vocal and express itself. My dog is chill af. She’s not super vocal and I only let her be so vocal. My sister doesn’t let her dog yap and bark at guests either or tries to chill it out(it’s a puppy). Anyways I was raised kinda like this growing up. It’s annoying and shouldn’t be allowed is how I look at it. What are your takes. Are you depriving the dog of enjoyment or life or whatever or should you control your dog and have it behave.

2 Likes

I don’t know my dog only barks when someone is outside the door or a chicken gets out she’ll bark.

3 Likes

My puppy is vocal with cries, yodeling and other Frenchie noises but he only barked once since he’s been with me.
I want him to bark more but it is what it is.

Yeah Frenchies rarely bark

1 Like

My dog can be pretty vocal— he’ll bark at the neighbor dog (to be fair, the neighbor dog usually starts it), and sometimes he even “talks” back to me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My little dog barks when she plays with my cats. Also, she barks when she sees the cats doing something they shouldnt-- so in other words, my little dog is a tattle tail. :dog: :cat: :cat: :smile:

3 Likes

Well, if the corgi is an adult and barks it’s probably too late to train it be quiet. From my experience yappy adult dogs will never learn to be quiet.

2 Likes

Ok yeah my dog barks when someone is at the door or needs to go outside to pee or needs food. She’ll bother me sometimes when she’s frisky but she’s old and it’s rare. I let her do it until it gets annoying. I don’t let her sit and bark at guests. The corgi is 5 so idk. He seems to not mind her being vocal. I don’t my have a problem with a vocal dog but if it’s bothering the guests I’d say get on to the dog a little.

1 Like

Moved to The Lounge as this is general banter.

v.