Negative symptoms

I’ve hit a brick wall in my recovery.

I can’t see myself getting any better. I’m being hammered by negatives.

I wish I could take NAC. Apparently it improves negatives by about 20%. But it interacts with abilify and I had suicidal ideation on it.

4 Likes

Idk what to recommend. Caffeine pills helped me but I enjoy drinking coffee so now drinking Nescafe most of the time. Nicotine helps me feel better too. Glycine too but I think you said you had side effects from it? Ldopa helped a lot but basically its just reducing meds efficacy by increasing dopamine so not good. Sz sucks as we are forced to reduce our dopamine and dopamine is what gives us energy, motivation, cognitive performance, etc but I think sz does lots of damage too not only the low dopamine.

1 Like

My doctor won’t give me stimulants because it might make my anxiety worse. But my negative symptoms are horrible. :cow2::cow2::cow2:

2 Likes

They can also cause psychosis. Better stick with caffeine and/or nicotine.

1 Like

I’m going to try L-methylfolate. There’s research that says it helps negative symptoms. For some.

In a bizarre twist of fate, iherb gave me this by mistake on one of my orders. So I’ll start taking it today.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Doctor-s-Best-Fully-Active-Folate-400-with-Quatrefolic-400-mcg-90-Veggie-Caps/38067

It’s much lower than the amount used in the research studies though.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that, I hope you find some relief from the symptoms

1 Like

Negative symptoms suck. Mine are mostly from the medication I think.

1 Like

I have L-Methylfolate. I haven’t been taking it regularly though maybe it’ll help! Vitamin D helps me a ton for some reason.

1 Like

I’m sorry @everhopeful but don’t give up.
I’ve increased my caffeine intake to three large mugs of coffee a day.
It seems to be helping my negatives a bit but I know you can’t consume more than one cup.

My new puppy is also helping my negatives as well by giving me a purpose to go on.

2 Likes

Caffeine makes my mania worse and i dont do nicotine

1 Like

please be nice and please bekind, from some who cares to you, the bricks may be red as my face can be when i tell you your loved by a group of people above. Zen

1 Like

Whaaaat? I’ve been taking NAC for the past week and not been feeling myself. A bit more depressed than usual. Don’t tell me that was the cause ?!

1 Like

Are you on abilify? I wouldn’t take NAC with it. Or be very careful if you do.

1 Like

Yes. Abilify 15mg.

1 Like

Well, I don’t know if it’s placebo or not but I feel full of nervous energy today. Like I’d taken too much coffee(which I didn’t).

If it’s the supplement I could see it causing mania if I was bipolar.

The feeling of energy is better than feeling flat though, so I’ll continue to take it.

It can cause mania so I declined taking it

1 Like

NAC didn’t do anything for my negatives

1 Like

Lithium Orotate
Solaray Histamine

1 Like

I wish i had a good advice, but negative symptoms are so complex, it’s not just a symptom, rather a sad way of being. I am bothered with negatives too, but im so unstable that at least, some days, are good.

Wish you a lot of luck in your search of some relief - and let us now if you find something (i know you will)

2 Likes

I stopped taking L-methylfolate for no reason. And I feel worse.

I’m going to restart it and see if I improve. It might be helpful.