Negative symptoms and the formation of social affiliative bonds in schizophrenia

4 Likes

Somewhat true in my case.
I don’t have the same drive to meet people, to go out for a tennis or bowling or pool match, to meet new people etc. But I still feel pretty communicative and open, it’s just that online interaction looks so much easier, from the comfort of my bed or couch. Also, a majority of my friends live in different cities or countries… so once again, internet to the rescue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Upper society had all the social rules in the years prior, on how to act appropriately in all life’s situations. Usually mom’s taught their daughters until old enough to read “the book” (forgot the name, but it’s somewhere on my bookshelf- not that I’m in the upper class by any means, my mom bought it at a garage sale as a joke)

Not sure if the dad’s teach the boys much, but they are expected to be a bit unruly before inheriting the wealth, to get it out of their system early on, and not risk the family fortune.

Seems @firemonkey, you’re painfully aware there are specific rules in society put in place so everyone would feel at ease around each other which made less anxiety and more enjoyment.

It took years of practice, girls would be considered good enough to be presented to society as a woman at age 16 - Debutante. Was the word, not sure if the spelling is correct.

1 Like

I feel like I’m criticized more easily than most people. I haven’t made a normal amount of friends since late high school. I also just don’t go out there to make friends much. Most people my age and older already have their friends, but I’ll have to try.

@firemonkey be blessed, with all the research that you are following and posting.
A cure will never be too late for you, even if your age is advanced.
@metime you will surely find friends, you are such a lovely woman after all.

1 Like

Thanks @Erez_Shmerling!

1 Like