NEED HELP going to try the drugs again need you input and experiences

@Malvok Why do you get so angry and put people down? I don’t get it. Be light hearted! I appreciated your help but then it got overshadowded by unhealthy words. Be positive don’t get so angry. I see people ignore your comments and I can’t when its in my face, on my thread. I want nothing but positive energy here please. If u have a problem is it truly with me?

@mcxmac I would ask your pdoc about taking Risperdal at a lower dose, if it worked for you. I take it and Ive been on a lot of meds, it is a proven and potent medication against positive symptoms - but if you go too high on it, it will mess with your prolactin levels and can make you sexually dysfunctional. Ive been on Seroquel, its a good med overall if you have a mood disorder or insomnia tagging along with your SZ. Its also good for anxiety. Again at the right dose, it may be a benefit to you. If it was working but you are worried about the withdrawals making you sick, why get off of it?
I was on Abilify for many years, since it first came out. My doctors at the time kept me on it, because of its good metabolic profile. This drug didnt do much for me, but it might help you - It can be activating and it caused a lot of anxiety, worsening of paranoia. It did not help too much with hallucinations. It is a good antidepressant type AP and is advertised for battling depressive symptoms. If you suffer a lot with anxiety - this may not be the drug for you.
I would go over all of your concerns with your doctor. Good luck -

1 Like

I tried taking the lowest possible dose of risperdal, it still messed me up. Interesting about the abilify. That’s why my Dr has been hesitant to prescribe it unless I want to give it a go. I already have terrible anxiety and he sai it might make that worse but if I want I can try it. Thank you for the info!

I have found Haldol to be indispensable. You may want to look into it.

Abilify worked and no side effects. One reason I’m on Zyprexa is the generic is so cheap from Canada. I’d keep trying new ones and pick the one that worked the best. But then their is endless combinations that you and the psychiatrist could also try. Like the two that worked the best.

I have only tried latuda, geodon, propanolol and xanax. Latuda were sugar pills that caused akathisia, Geodon took trial and error to find the right dose, and xanax is a lifesaver, it keeps me calm and prevents anxiety-triggered psychosis, as well as treats the restless leg side effect of Geodon. Propanolol helps prevent anxiety and diarrhea and other stress responses, while also relieving the restless legs from Geodon.

I take 1mg xanax 2x daily, 60mg Geodon 2x daily and 80mg Propanolol ER once a day. It all works well and in between doses of xanax I can go to the gym and take it again right when I finish working out.

Geodon didnt work at lower dosages and made me too sedated and constipated when taken all at night, so I was told to try taking it morning and night, and it has done the trick.

It blows me away when every time I read that in your post. I am the exact opposite. Geodon? No way, not again. Nothing. Lautuda? Wow, what a life changer.

1 Like

Our brains are all so different its weird!!! Both geodon and latuda did nothing for me

1 Like

abilify made me sooo anxious i couldn’t drive but it helped with avolition. my mum thought it was the best one i’ve been on so far but it did nothing for voices at all. seroquel made me fat and zombie like, as did zyprexa and rispiradone gave me td. my next injection will b haldol deconoate hopefully and we’ll c how that works…if at all.