Need a reality check

Tell me again how no one is using me? Everybody is just trying to get along the best they can.

1 Like

Might help to explain the situation a bit more @77nick77. Other then that there is often some truth in our delusional thoughts. Just us SZ we tend to go into the irrational side. I think most of is a sort of an avoidance of dealing with it. Sometimes all you can really do is trust your heart for an honest answer instead of your head.

Oh, just going out in public. Especially at night. No such thing as a peaceful drive while drinking a coke. Actually, maybe it’s me. My sister told me last night that people are just trying to get along the best they can. Everybody keeps telling me this. So many people tell me this, it has to be true.

2 Likes

How do you feel used from that?

I’m probably wrong. That’s what I’m trying to figure out.

But what are you feeling used for or from or whom?

Like I said, it might be me…

Feeling used is often that being taken advantage of. Where does that come into it?

I’m just doing the best I can with what I’ve got.

Do you need to call your pdoc? How has your sleep been? Have you been taking your meds? Do you need a hug?

No, I’ll be fine.

I’m the one feeling used right now @77nick77

Other residents here know what I’m going through. I’m being discriminated against in my own country.

Never mind then. I didn’t realize I was using you. It was not deliberate.

I feel used as well. Life hands us a handful of people from all walks of life and backgrounds, but often around where I live I’m handed users and ■■■■-talkers. People who are manipulative, and use their advantages any way they can.

There have been some things happening where I definitely feel like Charlie Brown…

Always the short end of the stick. It always falls on me. Why me… why us?

But I also get told… people don’t know… they have no clue what they are doing. People are just trying to get through their life just like I am.

I’ve been trying to be patient with people… but I still feel like Charlie Brown.

But then things are good, if everybody tries to get along with you the best they can, isn’t it

**Your sister is right. All is well.
Go ahead and enjoy your nice drive while having a coke.
Sounds good to me–maybe I`ll go with you :wink: **

1 Like

People use each other all the time. Sometimes it is a willing type of use, as when you do a favor for a friend, who also is willing to do favors for you. Sometimes it is bad use, as when someone takes advantage of your generosity. Do not worry too much. Just make a point to set limits on when you are willing to be “used.”

I think its the illness- I think people are not using you.

NOW THE QUESTION IS WHY ARE THEY WATCHING ME??!?!?!?!?

jk everyone take your meds and listen to music and just be glad we are functioning well enough to know that we have schizophrenia. I want to teach a class on schizophrenia one day. Dr. Mouse in his red, black and white outfit and signature widow’s peak and sideburns. Teaching a class on schizophrenia and asking the students how schizophrenic they think I am after giving the first lecture, then correcting them all and stating that I scored 93/100 for paranoid schizophrenia on the MMPI-2. I made an A in paranoid schizophrenia. Damn.

I should stop.