My therapist says I am articulate

My therapist says I am articulate, speaking and expressing myself coherently.
It’s true. I am mute the whole period until our appointment, I don’t talk much, but when I am seeing my therapist, I suddenly start talking too much. that much that she doesn’t ask, I keep on talking about my symptoms

2 Likes

its supposed to be a two way conversation lol

3 Likes

I always try to forget my delusions and hallucinaitons because they bother me so much. You are embracing them. I hope you get over them one day.

1 Like

They are what I am. Unfortunately I am the sum of my symptoms. I still can’t distinguish my self from my symptoms

1 Like

That’s a good topic. Can you distinguish the real you from your symptoms?

1 Like

Yes you are very articulate and you seem to have a lot of insight which makes me wonder how you have such intense delusions. I believe it but my illness is different than yours. My delusions came from lack of insight among other things.

1 Like

I usually have insight after the delusion is over.
For example the tv talking about me, flirting with me etc.

1 Like

Yeah I had permanently lost all insight so I replaced normal thoughts with psychotic ones. Then as I get my insight back, I replace deluded thoughts with more saner ones. In a process.

The first time I saw my therapist, she said that I was distracted and absorbed in my self.
It was because of the voices, swearing at her

2 Likes

My old therapist said I was always humble but I was very vain when I met her.

2 Likes

My therapist once called me a “nice guy” but I didn’t deserve it. The reason I generally acted nice was that I had a persercutory psychosis and a conscious and I was afraid to act badly because I felt I was constantly being watched all the time. At the time he said that I cried because the voices brought up every bad thing I did over and over again I couldn’t see anything good I did. But when a drug ended the voices for a while I was freed from the constant “attention”, started acting badly, and nobody was calling me a nice guy for a while. I actually know now that I have done both good and bad things over the years just like everybody else.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.