My therapist going to town billing Medicare

I guess she isn’t doing all the phone calls and texts out of the goodness of her heart. I’m going to have to cut back calling her, after all the time she has billed Medicare.

1 Like

Do you pay out of your pocket @anon54988740?
Like a copay?

1 Like

There’s a 20% copay, but my psychiatric care provider doesn’t require me to pay it. They are a charitable, not-for-profit.

1 Like

How about with therapy?
What do you care if your therapist charges your insurance.

Unless you end up paying.

1 Like

Well I guess I really shouldn’t worry about it. I have her mobile phone number and call her a lot when I’m having problems. I just looked at the Medicare claims and didn’t realize how much I was calling her.

1 Like

That’s ok, you needed the extra support.

1 Like

My last psychiatrist appt was 1.5 minutes long. I just said ‘refill’ it works. He responded “good” basically. What a waste of time and tax payer money.

1 Like

Thanks johnnyboy1. I usually talk to my therapist a while when I call. I only see a pdoc as needed.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with her billing. She needs to get paid for doing her job. You aren’t the one paying, so it shouldn’t matter how much you call.

2 Likes

Thanks ninjastar.

1 Like

I really would like to get a Medicare Advantage plan where you don’t pay the deductible each year, but my psychiatric care provider only takes original Medicare and Medicaid, not the Advantage plans. That’s the reason I stay with original Medicare.

I don’t want to go back on indigent grants as there may be some other uninsured person who needs it.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.