My sister said I may should go to the hospital

I heard knocking at my front door, but when I opened it, nobody was there. This also happened in the apartment building laundry room. The door was open and maybe three feet from me.
I’ve been taking 5mg Abilify for over three weeks, but started taking 10mg two days ago.
I’m really shaken with today’s knocking.

It takes abilify 10mg , 2 weeks to reach a steady state in your body. So it’s your decision to wait until then or visit the hospital.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say a few auditory hallucinations aare enough to warrant a hospitalization.
Most likely they’re just a temporary side-effect from the medicine.
If it gets worse, you could tell it to your pdoc or pnurse and ask what they think.

2 Likes

Keep ignoring your hallucinations, Abilify takes 2 weeks to work. If you still have hallucinations by then contact your psychiatrist so he up your dose.

1 Like

Sometimes weird stuff is just a one or two time thing that will never happen again.

1 Like

Just hang in there. Give the meds time to work. :snake::snake::snake:

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think a couple of hallucinations is a reason to go to the hospital. I think it kinda freaks people out because it’s not something they have any frame of reference for, but unless you’re close to having a break and need a big med adjustment I don’t think the hospital will really do anything for you. However you know yourself best. It you feel like you’re starting to slip then it’s better to be proactive in my opinion. Better to be in the hospital possibly unnecessarily for a few days than risk having a break.

1 Like

I heard things that weren’t there on Abilify.
Many times I hallucinated knocking sounds on doors.

1 Like

Same, I wasn’t stable on Abilify 25mg.
Now I am stable on Risperdal 3mg.

2 Likes

Just for a frame of reference, I have hallucinations, but it doesn’t always mean I’m destabilizing. They’re usually visual and it can be simple things like flashing lights or more complex things like seeing objects and animals. I think it becomes a problem when I have command hallucinations or hallucinations that relate to a delusional narrative. One-off hallucinations are probably nothing to worry about.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.