My recovery from schizophrenia-a journey

It was in 2003 when I had my first psychosis episode. I was 16 then. I could not get through an entrance exam for engineering and it hurt me so much that i think I had narssistic injury. Some how I passed higher secondary exams. My academic performance had declined significantly. I went to university. Somehow I got through but my performance kept on declining. I could land into a job in 2011. By this time, I had started delusional beliefs that my office peers are all planning to get me. I believed some of them are from RAW, the Indian intelligence agency. But smoking would help me to control my delusions.I smoked heavily. In 2012, I left job and was put into mental health hospital. I was given ECT and was put on amisulpride. Somehow I got normal. It was not told me that I had schizophrenia. I took medicines for some days and gave up as I felt normal. But the symptoms relapsed. It took me 6 years to realise I was suffering from schizophrenia. That too with use of Google. In 2018, I changed my pdoc. The new pdoc put me on amisulpride and clopixol depot and several anti depressants which he would slowly reduce over 2 years. I am now on clopixol depot only.It’s 2020, after 17 years of first episode, I am feeling normal as I was before. My delusions have gone. I am having a regular life. I am working in my farms and shop.
On 6th December 2020, I am turning 34, and the same day I am getting married and starting new life.f For Those who are going through same condition, its my advice to take their medicines honestly and regularly. You too can win.

3 Likes

To much text but I wish you good luck

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.