2 Likes

The family jewels must be protected.

6 Likes

Yes. I will protect them with my life. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

This is my cute Swarovski crystal dragon

And these are my natural gemstones

16 Likes

Is the little oval one, bottom right, amber?

4 Likes

Yes, it’s amber! It has a tiny insect in it. :smile:

8 Likes

Gorgeous!

I just got a welo opal ring for Valentine’s Day and I cannot stop looking at it. It’s basically just a pale orange translucent stone until it gets into sunlight, at which point it explodes.

Can we see the amber up close? I’m a big fan of amber (and basically all stones ranging from lemon to deep red).

2 Likes

There are two tiny insects in it, actually!

8 Likes

Beautiful :heart_eyes_cat: I have amber earrings, but no insects. I’m super envious.

3 Likes

Oh do you collect shiny rocks too?!? I should take pictures of some of mine!!

2 Likes

@anon9798425, why don’t you tell us what gemstones you have? My daughter collects, too, but hers are unpolished. I get new ones for her every Christmas.

1 Like

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Two bugs?!?!?!? :bug::ant:

Just kidding :smile:

2 Likes

Very beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I just love them. I just got a lapis lazuli pendant that I just love.

1 Like

Okay! :slight_smile:

In the first picture there are two opals from Australia, the green one is a small emerald, the red one is a ruby (not high quality, otherwise it would be too expensive), the purplish-blue one is an amethyst, and the cyan one is a blue topaz. The unpolished rod-like cyan one is an aquamarine.

In the other photos, the dark purple one is an amethyst, the translucent green one is an emerald, the big yellow and white one is a citrine, the two rocks with blueish layers on them are opals, the shiny, white, rectancular one is moonstone, and the last one is amber.

6 Likes

Very beautiful gemstones.

1 Like

You know I was drooling reading that.

3 Likes

The blue topaz is the only one I got right. :slight_smile:
I am not used to seeing polished stones. My father has an awesome rock collection. I get to inherit them when he dies. My great grandfather was a rock hunter, and he also made his own jewelry. My sisters got it, though. They never even gave me a chance to claim any! My dad’s collection is huge. I used to love having him go over all of the different types he has. My daughter collects small stones. She believes they have healing power; I don’t- I just think they are cool.

1 Like

Oh! I forgot to show you my cufflinks and tie pin! They were my grandfather’s and my mom gave them to me last year.

Opals and gold. :smile:

These are very precious to me.

10 Likes