My preciouses

You keep that thing well hidden. I’ve seen Jurassic Park, don’t let the scientists get to it! :joy:

2 Likes

This is one of my carnelians I love it a lot.

5 Likes

And this is a sugilite I have one more purple than this but I was lazy.

4 Likes

Don’t, whatever you do put it next to your omega 3 fish oil tablets! :rofl:

3 Likes

Cooool. Beautiful pieces… my father collects gems and stones…and I had a great uncle who cut and polished by profession… your amber is awesome…not saying the rest are not but there’s something about ancient bugs trapped in beautiful amber…

3 Likes

The entirety of my current rock collection… minus the whole bunch of “native American money” ive picked up from the creeks…

I have no idea what they are… but they are pretty the blue has metallic veins running through it…

2 Likes

Maybe the blue one is sodalite?

1 Like

Hmm it looks close…Either that or lapis lazuli… it’s bigger than my fist… it was in our fish tank until recently.

2 Likes

images-25
Vs

I wonder if lapis is worth anything…

That looks close… but my eye is untrained…

4 Likes

You can use it to enchant things if you also have some diamond and obsidian.

2 Likes

My Tibetan turquoise

My lapis lazuli angel (it’s dark blue)

My fossil stones: petosky stones from Michigan

My other fossil stone (feather fossils?)

6 Likes

Lapis lazuli is used in jewellery, but its value would depend on the quality and color. I’m not sure how much it could be worth. But my guess is that the stone is not worth much. It’s a lot easier to find low quality gemstones than high quality ones.

3 Likes

Hahahah :smile: Awesome reference!

2 Likes

That’s really cool! :slight_smile: I love the lapis lazuli angel and feather fossil stone.

4 Likes

It looks more like socialite to me but you can get it looked at and assessed at a gem store or if you have a gem fair in your area.

EDIT: Sodalite, not socialite. Fkn autocorrect!

4 Likes

Lol either way it looks nice in the fish tank…

• I dont know if it matters but both came from Afghanistan…
1 Like

Afghanistan is one of the countries where lapis is found. Your stone looks a lot like the natural lapis lazuli from Afghanistan shown in Wikipedia. I take back my sodalite guess and raise it by two lapis lazulis. :smile:

2 Likes

This stone I found in Brazil. I thought it was pretty cool just to be found on the ground. I like how you can see the layers too.

5 Likes

I didn’t realize how much I liked rocks until you all shared yours… the gift of a possible hobby is worth more than i can thank yall for…

4 Likes

It always matters where they came from! :scream:

2 Likes