My parents interfere with my life too much

I think they have an opinion on everything.

1 Like

LOL! Sounds like parents. Are you still thinking of moving out? They’ll still have opinions, just less opportunity to share them with you.

1 Like

You’re almost 30 years old and still living at home…

Sounds to me like you’re the one interfering in their lives.

1 Like

When did you get cured of schizophrenia Patrick? You sound like someone whose never had it to be honest. Complete and utter lack of empathy.

@Patrick you boast of being raising a family and how well you are doing but you point fingers at @anon80629714 ? not cool. Ish I am sorry you are having to deal with that.

2 Likes

I thought Ish has been symptom free for over 4 years now. Time to fly the coop! Just giving her a ‘realistic nudge’.

Her situation and all of her complaining won’t improve until she spreads her wings and learns to fly on her own. I’m sorry if that sounds harsh.

Zero empathy. Good luck with your own family with that attitude.

1 Like

Tons of empathy…I’m trying to help her.

1 Like

…but I guess just simply being honest and telling the truth will garner you a Scarlet Letter by many on this forum.

I’ve got big shoulders…I can handle your insults.

2 Likes

I hate people who can dish it out but can’t take it.

2 Likes

you’re an egomaniac I see now. I thought you were just a witty poster with all your caption contests but after just reading about how well you say you are doing you have no pity for those less fortunate for you. Ish is very close to her family and I wish I still lived with my mom on her farm like in the beginning. being schizophrenic if you’re lucky gives you a family to take care of you and you are a pig I think for saying your proud unapologetic stance you take. believe me you’re not helping her you’re hurting her feelings and you can leave this forum as far as I’m concerned. at least I won’t be talking to you anymore.

4 Likes

I get you about ‘consequences’ for truth-telling but in ish’s case I think its about over controlling authoritative (probably conservative) parents - just as my father was. I remember when she said how they have a strict rules about who she can date.
And they won’t stop ‘interfering’ until she break the chains.

1 Like

Which is probably more mentally than physical thing.
Its hard to confront those ones from whom you’re financially or otherwise dependent.
But you are working now @anon80629714 and that is soo big, now its time to set the boundaries.

1 Like

Also I think ish is from the uk like me. It is really hard to get your first foot on the property ladder here. As a result properties for rent are getting more and more scarce with rents reaching ridiculous levels.

4 Likes

I’d also assumed that in Ish’s family’s culture, children lived with their parents for longer than many of us are accustomed to. But that could have been an erroneous assumption on my part.

In any case, it seems like Ish is having a lot of pretty innocuous queries deemed as somehow pathological lately, which puzzles me.

1 Like

Well this escalated quickly… Like @Rhubot said, parents are parents, they worry too much, specially in our situation, and have lots of opinions. I usually listen to what my mom has to say nowadays, her insight helps me. I’m guessing here they just worry about you, and you’re venting with us what we all feel sometimes about our parents. No need for such a fuss guys… @anon80629714 will move out when she feels confortable doing so.

4 Likes

If she was from my culture I could swear that its a half of the problem.
Like, we here have a joke about parents who got divorced in their old ages, after 60 or more years of marriage. When asked why they waited for so long, they answered: we waited for our children to grow up.

2 Likes

lol! After 8 months of posting, I am now all of a sudden “Patrick the Troll”?!

It never ceases to amaze me what crap passes for currency on this forum sometimes.

Nah. She had another thread take an odd turn yesterday, too. I think I have different assumptions about her situation than you do, but you’re no troll. It just came across a little harsher than necessary, especially after watching her get her inventory taken just yesterday.

you’re arrogant @Patrick and that doesn’t sit well with me. I didn’t call you a troll…you’re just a mean spirited person with no heart.