My delusion

I’m still not completely sure that this is a delusion, but I’m really trying to find a camera or microphone. People are watching me somehow. I just don’t want this to consume my life. I want to live my life and not have to worry about my privacy being invaded. I feel as though I’m the only one not in on this cruel joke.

6 Likes

Can you imagine living without privacy? It’s so exploiting.

1 Like

It’s called marriage. You get used to it.

7 Likes

Lol yes of course marriage, but what about a bunch of strangers you don’t know? How would that make you feel? I’m exploited :pensive:

I don’t really get the paranoid aspect of that illness

1 Like

Delusional. I got help for mine.

1 Like

I’m tired of living like this. Everyone deserves their privacy. I’m tired of strangers watching me. Why is this ok?

You have a delusion. You have to deal with it. You can’t ignore it and I doubt it will go away on it’s own. IDK what else to tell you; maybe a change of meds or work on this with a therapist or doctor you trust.
Other people have told you similar. You can post your delusion a million times in a million different ways but that won’t make it true. And you can post it a million more times and we will all tell you the same thing: there’s no microphones or implants. It’s all false.

4 Likes

Can our brains really trick us like this? Do we really have brains that make us dream while we are awake? It’s time I learn about the illness and not focus on the delusion. Hopefully people aren’t just playing a cruel joke on me by lying and saying there isn’t anything implanted when there really is. Because thats really what I think is going on. But hopefully I can trust you guys.

1 Like

It’s a delusions. I may not be able to convince you now but you’ll see in time…it’s what’s called paranoia. Paranoia is a real phenomena.

3 Likes

Do youse like have memories of the incidents that your delusions are convinced happened?

1 Like

It’s not that they trick us it’s that they make mistakes when were really tired and burned out. And you get stuck in a feedback loop of basing paranoias on other paranoias until it feels like the whole worlds out to get us. It’s just paranoia…rest…sleep…get medical help and they should subside to a degree or totally and you’ll see…atleast give it a try :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definition of delusion

psychology : a persistent false, belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary
the delusion that someone was out to hurt him also : the abnormal state marked by such beliefs

4 Likes

Are you kidding? Half the posts on here are about that!

You’re not the only person here having delusions. You just seem to be fixated on your one delusion above all else. But many of us are suffering from delusions.

1 Like

Not really. I just hear the TV talking about me all day.

I don’t really have false memories. IDK if you were talking to me or not.

1 Like

Thankyou. I hope one day the camera will be gone, figuratively or literally.

1 Like

Hey @anon40649504 , I really shouldn’t be letting you spam the same topic everyday. I’m going to let this one go on and see if anyone can help you, but maybe you should bookmark your thread and continue posting on one thread instead of constantly creating new topics on the same subject.

3 Likes

Well I’d like to find out if my memories are false. They do fit perfectly with what I always knew and the assumptions I made decades ago about what was going down never made sense at all. This was long before symptoms.

But ye know how it is. It’s very very attractive to simply believe something because it’s a perfect fit.

That’s not enough for me since I was prompted to remember it by a feckin light bulb flashing lights.

1 Like

IDK, check them out with people who were there at the time or around the time.