My daughter's cat

My daughter wants to bring her cat here that they found in a cardboard only huge bin. Her and her boyfriend brought her to the vet. Turns out she has a heart murmur which means she likely won’t live past a year and could be within three months. My pdoc said he wasn’t sure if that was a good idea because I may take her death too hard. I’m more worried about the kidlets. She is such a beautiful cat.

1 Like

The sadness of death is a hard thing to deal with, but avoiding it could be even worse. I say go with accepting the kitty.

3 Likes

The love and kindness you show the kitty, as well as the goodness and sweetness it brings to you and your kids, is worth the loss. If it’s going to die anyway, shouldn’t it die happy and loved and cared for? When the day comes, you can comfort yourself and the kids with the good memories of having done a good deed. :heart:

3 Likes

Are you sure they won’t live past a year? My cat has a heart murmur and he’s almost 8 years old.

2 Likes

That’s what the vet said but I think it’s probably a guess. Ì wish I had a picture

Mine are almost 14 and act like they are 2 still. They’re littermates and both have a heart murmur.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.