Music to drown out troubles

I’m not sure what category this goes under, but has your favorite song, band or genre even drown out the voices and negative feelings. I was listening to one of my new found glory CDs and there was a song called it’s not your fault. I really needed to hear that I think

4 Likes

When I had voices, I did use music to sort of distract me. Now I use it when I am stressed so it can help me get out of trouble before anything begins.

Sz got me into instrumental music. I listen to a hefty number of piano sonatas because it helps me calm down and I like them. Who knew I’d end up listening to a bunch of classical. I’ve always thought of myself as a rock and roll rebel lol?

3 Likes

YouTube search “uso libre” if u want sick hip hop instrumentals

3 Likes

Hip hop is good at drowning stuff out, especially the fast stuff like ez e. Here’s a mashup I’ve been listening to.

4 Likes

Haha that’s a funny one. CashXeazye

2 Likes

Music is life…

1 Like

That was pretty freaking awesome @Jonnybegood. When I can afford to buy a couple more songs on itunes, I know what I’m adding to my ambient music playlist. thank you.

1 Like

If music is life, is that why I’m so horrible at playing the guitar? All I can play is the opening of ‘Peaches’ by The Presidents of the United States of America and Blind Melon’s ‘No Rain’ (that song was everywhere when I was growing up) and ‘Strawberry Fields’ by the Beatles. Or at least I could. I’m pretty sure I cant’ anymore.

I go through life carrying an out of tune guitar lol.

1 Like

You still can play something be thankful for that , be easy on yourself , if you want to get better playing guitar write that goal on a paper and read it out loud every morning

3 Likes

Yes i use music to drown out voices and it helps. Also to drown my depression (or express it). I find music soothing and uplifting :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t usually hear voices, so I am very, very blessed. I used to be almost constantly paranoid though. But not anymore. That symptom is completely gone now. Thank Gd. I play music everyday on my piano. I don’t listen to other people’s music. Only my own. I don’t have enough time in the day for that.

1 Like

I find music to be soothing and relaxing and calms me down when I am anxious and Uplifts me when I am down Music feeds my Soul.

1 Like

I don’t hear voices but can be a worrier, ruminate so in that sense it would be my troubles. Sometimes music takes it away. But i’m finding lately movies, especially, the meaningful ones take me outside of my head. I, also, enjoy memoirs of everyday people it helps with perspective and how common our problems can be and takes me away from my own anxious ruminations. These really do help me change my mood and perspective and think better. Also, talking to others, opening up about concerns and such can really help me think healthier, especially rational, supportive people. I’m finding there is a whole lot of truth to garbage in, garbage out for me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.