Mini-rant. More delusions?

No, it’s not loud music. I am a minority here and the majority wants things their way. I want things MY way. I’m not innocent but I’ve been basically on the defensive for 7 years. The majority twist facts around. You guys told me this is a delusion about 5 months ago but if I think about certain things they will ■■■■ with my mind and make me think that I really didn’t think that. They can drive something right out of my mind. This is the type of people I am dealing with. The hilarious thing is that often they will not even stick up for each other. But green6 you have some good points.

If the majority residents in your building are elderly , then there could be a conflict of ideas and life styles between you and them. But you people live in different flats and all you could do to vent your anger is making huge noises. But living in tension against each other as neighbors is really a hell for everyone. So you’d better show your attitude for reconciliation.

By the way, You never asked them about if they could hear you playing rock music, how could you know it is not ? I guess the elderly would like to have a peaceful life rather than living in a tension against you. So whatever the cause, you 'd better take a try.

1 Like

I am totally willing to try. I have tried before. My immediate neighbors have shown time after time that they don’t want to get along. The things they do cause hard feelings that are hard to forget. But I will try again. Hey, I’m not a troublemaker if left to my own devices. I don’t do drugs, I do not break the law, I work,I take college classes. I deserve to be treated as an equal and to be left alone. You don’t know what goes on here. I’m not the only one complaining.

Hi

What did your neighbours do

What I could imagine is they slam the door and stomp the floor, or maybe even worse like they deliberately bore the wall with a drill. All these noises make a hell for everyone including themselves. I can’t imagine they shout at you for no reason. There must be a reason. If they made those noises out of no reason, then simply your neighbors are lunatics and you can ignore them like a pile of rubbish and need not give any reaction to them.

I’ll sleep on it and tell you in the morning.

OK, how about the fact that my downstairs neighbor is always thinking of me and when I come home she is invading MY space and then I get mad and she will wait for 10-30 minutes at a time for me to finally relax and get along in my house and then I will hear a huge BOOM at the moment I relax.Sounds stupid? Try living it for 6 years. It is meant to be a threat and it is underhanded,sneaky, and rotten. But screw her.The guy on the other side of the wall threatens me too. The purpose of them thinking of me is that it puts me in a constant defensive position. Thus every wrong move I make is met with a violent reaction. When someone is constantly thinking of you it’s very unnerving and makes me mad. For all of Mortimers big ego, cockiness, and narcissism he was actually right in the thread about Quote" Describe schizophrenia in two words". I can’t remember his exact answr but it was along the lines of “They want to kill me” He was right on the money.These people are making it their mission to destroy me. As I write this it is happening. What do you do when some one uses the fact that they have are supposed to be treated special and uses that against you? Am I supposed to give them a free ticket to destroy me? Cause that’s sure as hell what they want.

Green6, I see that your trying to be fair. Being fair doesn’t work with these people.They pounce on it and use it against me.
I lost count of how many times I have either forgiven these people or tried to be nice or tried to understand them.They do not stop. I am NOT going to be friendly and ask if my music is too loud.I am NOT going to try to get along with them and smooth things out. It’s way past that point. They through down the gauntlet. Let them live with their decisions. They will pay… It has NOTHING to do with fairness.

First, let me say that I’m not here to fight. I’m not going to judge you or tell you that your experiences are wrong or unreal. I’ve just read your post and was curious.

How often do you talk to these people and do you know their names?

You don’t have to answer. We’ve fought before and if you’re still pissed then I understand.

I never talk to them and I don’t know their names. I think we are in some type of pattern where big crashing sounds are meant to scare me. They have no DIAGNOSABLE mental illness but they are crazy. That’s their edge over me.When threatened I freeze.When they are scared or threatened they go crazy and lose their minds. EVERYBODY knows if you act crazy and dangerous that people will let you alone. THAT"S what they are doing. I’m not going to obsess about it today. I’m taking my sisters dog for a walk in the park. Where the normal people are.

I have a couple of neighbours that are irritating, but I don’t think they’re “out to get me”. The one blasts music a bit too loud on Friday and Saturday evenings during the summer. So far I’ve shown restraint, but one night I am probably going to roll 15,000 Watts worth of DJ equipment and a laser light show onto my front lawn and treat Mr. Arsehat to some dubstep. Okay, I won’t but we’re all allowed to fantasize, right?

The neighbour to my east has a huge poplar tree. It manages to drop leaves all over our lawn. While that can’t be helped, it really pisses me off when he rakes HIS leaves from HIS lawn onto my lawn instead of bagging them for the rubbish pickup. Seriously, d00d? That being said, it’s not worth fighting over and I will probably still shovel their walk for them this winter as they are a very elderly couple and they don’t look to be up to it themselves.

When people live in close quarters they are bound to rub each other the wrong way. There usually isn’t selfish intent involved so much as a genuine unawareness of how one’s actions affect others. I find the best way to smooth things over is to take some baking next door, give a friendly wave whenever possible, and try and have tea together if it can be managed. If it was me in your situation, I would try this approach first to try and wind things down instead of getting stressed and winding things up in a bad way.

Hope you’re feeling better soon, man.

10-96

■■■■, man, EVERYONE is crazy. We’re just lucky enough to know what our flavour is and how well it mixes with others. I guess I don’t know your neighbours or neighbourhood well enough to comment on how dangerous it is, but if you really feel like you are in danger a lot there, I would consider moving, if only for your own peace of mind.

10-96

1 Like

Cheer up chuck, you’re tracking faster than me truthfully. (sips coffee)

Thanks Pixel. I’ve tried to get along before and I will try to get along again. It won’t work but I’ll try. It’s just an accumulation of bad blood on both sides. I tried not to make it like, " I’m a man so I deserve to win". But they don’t even treat me as human.

Lol. I made up my own proverb years ago.

“EVERYBODY’s crazy, it’s just a matter of degree”.

As someone with paranoia and (chronic) severe social anxiety(the two being moderately linked Worries about Being Judged versus Being Harmed: Disentangling the Association of Social Anxiety and Paranoia with Schizotypy ) I can understand his feelings all too well.

i’m sorry you are having this trouble nick, it is so hard to get on with our neighbours especially when we have problems of our own, i know a woman that was harassed by her neighbours for years and is still getting harassed even though she didn’t do anything, she told me that her neighbours daughter use to make a lot of noise and she asked her neighbour to quieten down and ever since then it got worse and the daughter chaps and bangs on the walls during the night it is such a shame,

my neighbour on the other hand lives above me and he makes a lot of noise as well but what really scared me was when i had to phone the police, i had to phone them a couple of times when at the end of my tether but the last time was bc i thought someone broke into his house which turned out to be his son and i over heard them talking about it through the floorboards and he was thinking about giving me a kicking but my neighbour convinced him not to saying ‘he does charity work’ so i think thats what saved me that time, thats why i want out of this homeless flat as soon as, it is good but it has its down sides as well.

1 Like

I’m sorry nick77 @firemonkey. I just haven’t heard enough evidence precisely to understand whether Nick is being manipulated by his neighbors or not. I wish Nick would go into more detail about why he believes his neighbors are against him. as for the loud boom the neighbor makes that is just unfortunate. I don’t understand that. It would mess with me being a schizophrenic which might be the whole predicament. Just a loud boom triggering paranoia.

You really dont know if someone is thinking of you , and the boom is probably random. How are they to know if your relaxn or not. Maybe there not nice i dont know. But being privy to people thinkn of you is highly unlikely , probably paranoid. Also people can think what they want , its a basic right. What they say and do however is a different matter.