Mental Health

I’ve been doing a comparison between the two candidates. It seems one side has the most attention but is all over the place. It looks like both want to win the votes of the more progressive population. I hear the politicians speak, but then look at the actions that are dismissed, of their supporters. I think that despite all the rhetoric and blame blanket name-games from all sides of the spectrum, in the event of what matters to me most I would choose the democrat candidate over the green party or republicans because she has the most comprehensive and effective goals for the people who need most support. Her platform has addressed all the issues I care about. I wanted to see what others thought, or at least let people know the importance of education about what both stand for.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/healthcare-reform

Hillary’s plan will:

Promote early diagnosis and intervention, including launching a national initiative for suicide prevention.

Integrate our nation’s mental and physical health care systems so that health care delivery focuses on the “whole person,” and significantly enhance community-based treatment

Improve criminal justice outcomes by training law enforcement officers in crisis intervention, and prioritizing treatment over jail for non-violent, low-level offenders.

Enforce mental health parity to the full extent of the law.

Improve access to housing and job opportunities.

Invest in brain and behavioral research and developing safe and effective treatments.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/factsheets/2016/08/29/hillary-clintons-comprehensive-agenda-on-mental-health/

1 Like

The problem with Hillary that she promises so much of everything to the people just to get the votes. I doubt that if she becomes president that anything will change in regards to mental health policies.

1 Like

“Is it working?”

Hillary panders. But I’d still vote for her over Trump.

Presidents can’t magically change things. Everything has to go through the Legislative Branch too. I don’t understand why people don’t get that.

3 Likes

I don’t want to take sides. Just hoping there are enough well thinking kind young people that will consider a profession in Mental Health.

2 Likes