Mental Health Advanced Directive

I recently downloaded one of these forms and filled it out. I didn’t consult with a lawyer, and my pdoc reviewed it, signed it, and it’s in my health record with her.

My request was that if I’m ever hospitalized, I would make sure they call her and retrieve the Directive.

She said, locally, that they (the hospital) don’t typically call her (my pdoc), and that if I present to an emergency room that the emergency docs just try to find the first available bed. She’s only called once I’m discharged. I said this may change due to the important Directive form on file there, she agreed, signed the form, filed it with my health record.

So, I’ll be giving the forms for the advanced directive, and the DNA test results from Alpha Genomix to my primary care doc as well per my pdoc’s request.

The mental health advanced Directive contains:

My emergency contact name and number, my kids, my uncle, my pdoc
My hospital choices, where I’d like to go and where I do not wish to go
My pdoc name and number
Information regarding my primary condition, myasthenia gravis
My neurologist name and contact number
The alpha genomix results, what meds are safe for me to take.
My financial advisors name and number - to pay my taxes, a problem in the past

I’ve given a key to my house to the neighbor, he helps me take care of the place

2 Likes

Sounds like a good idea, if anything happened to me I doubt anyone would know where to start or even find my equipment that"s scattered around the city

That’s about what the pdoc said, good idea to write it down