Men and women, the great civilization builders

we just build these civilizations everywhere, places to live and call home. sometimes i think to myself to get involved with carpentry, as im drawn to the idea of building things that will survive past my death and can be enjoyed for 100 years or so. but they physicality of the job prevents me from serious considering it. an architect would be one of my dream jobs, but i know my limitations and don’t think im artistic enough or smart enough to be an architect.

3 Likes

Yes, you risk failure. You’ve got to want something enough to get past the dreaming stages and into real work. It’s easy to just say I’m not good enough and just dream. That’s what children do. Adults can do.

2 Likes

i framed houses when i was 18. It was tough for sure. I worked for these crazy german guys. I had some good laughs though.
One time this new guy got hired it was his first day. He was kneeling down and accidently fired a 3 inch nail into the front of his thigh. We heard him go “Ah I’ve got a nail in my leg”
So the boss goes over to him, gives him a towel to bite down on, and pulls out his hammer to pull the nail out.
The kid (he was early 20s) was looking away from it and the older german guy (his name was herb and he was 68 years old) told him loudly “Be a man, Look at it when I pull it out!” LOL

later the kid comes up to me and was like ‘dont tell anyone but im in serious pain’ lol. I said ok.
Then later he cuts some stuff with wrong saw and wrecks the blade so there just yelling at him and then he crys and quits lol.

One other couple funny ones was , again a new guy he was about 23 years was hired.

He fell off a step ladder onto his back. Herb the old guy sees it happen and immediately yells at him “I TOLD YOU A THOUSAND TIMES ALREADY TO NOT FALL” If you do it again your fired! :sob: :joy:

At this point I was actually in charge of the new guy and he didn’t like me telling him what to do. One time we had a massive stack of plywood to carry up to the second floor.
So I told the new guy, “so your gonna go downstairs and pass me up all the plywood”
He looks at me and says “So your gonna tell me to go down there and pass you up all the plywood”
I said “Yeah thats whats your going to do”
Hes like "So im going down there to pass you up all the plywood?!
Im like “yeah thats what I said your going to do” :joy:
and so he did lol.

I got called dumb as ■■■■■■■ nails once.

Good times in the house building industry! :yum: :smiley:

3 Likes

oh my bosses favorite saying when we kinda built something a bit wrong. “You gonna lose sleep over it?, ■■■■■■ nail it in” lol

and ya wonder why theres so many creaky floors :joy:

2 Likes

haha funny stories.

2 Likes

Great stories!!!

2 Likes

thanks I have lots of good life experience stories lol

2 Likes

Yes, great civilization. The world became a giant themepark.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.