So what? I was a construction worker!

For a week, lol. My ex-brother-in-laws twin brother offered me a job in construction at the company he worked for while I was working at Sears and I jumped at the chance. I was working my a*s of at Sears at the time unloading trucks and I was only making about $6.50 an hour way back in 1997. Working construction I would get paid $10.00 an hour which seemed like a fortune at the time. Incidentally I was living in a Board & Care home at the time.

So I quit my job at Sears. The job was framing houses which is putting up all the wood frame for a new house to be built. I thought I was used to hard work and i thought I would do great. but man! This was hard work! Lugging around heavy lumber, having to climb up two stories to nail in wood in impossible positions. I hated it. It was the hardest work I have ever done. But couldn’t tell them that so I told them I was afraid of heights! And I quit.

I can stick out at most jobs even if I hated them but I wasn’t going to stay at a job that took everything out of me. I guess it was a good experience though, now I have more respect for laborers. And I made $400.00 for a weeks work so i was happy about that. I know I’ll never do it again, though.

2 Likes

I did carpentry once for like a week but got fired cuz it was hard and I sucked at it!

1 Like

I sanded wood floors off and on for a bit. I found humming om released the stress in my lower back while hunched over sanding edges

1 Like

good on you 77nick77… :trophy:
i have had many menial jobs;
washing dishes
labouring on farms
courier
digging ditches
worked in a factory.
it taught me to be humble… :heart_eyes:
take care :alien:

( and how to defeat the human race :imp: !?! )

2 Likes