Meds for Negative Symptoms

What are some good drugs for negative symptoms?

1 Like

I’ve tried Remeron and Trazodone. Don’t know if they work that well for negative symptoms but it’s on wiki.

1 Like

There are no medication available for negative symptoms…but there are upcoming medication for negAtive symptoms like min101 sep 856 but this may take more then 5 years…have patients sister tomasina…!!! We will get there…

2 Likes

I swear by Vraylar…

1 Like

Melatonin seems to do something for my energy. Seem to wake up more energetic and awake than on average. Caffeine definitely helps too. Good sleeping patterns and waking up early helps you feel better. I recall you saying you have low energy. That is the worst. My low energy doubled during fever and I could not go outside as much as usual. There are ways, I think, to cope with that like by relaxing and doing a little at a time. When you feel frustrated, I honestly recommend Christmas jazz or relaxing music. For all I know, you might all have worse symptoms than me but are still more productive. I don’t work or help out my family much… Could learn a lot from others here.

3 Likes

I haven’t found a cure to negatives…
when positives appear negatives subside. that’s my experience.

2 Likes

Sarcosine has been a very big help in reducing the empty negative feelings.
L Theanine has been a very big help in reducing the intrusive thoughts and anxiety.

I am also taking NAC + Omega 3 + Vitamin D + Vitamin C

4 Likes

Awesome! 151515151515151

2 Likes

Sarcosine and NAC which are supplements. I don’t want to take supplements though.

1 Like

Do any of these help with cognition my dear sister @mermaid1?

1 Like

I am sure, maybe not directly but already when racing thoughts are stopped I have a clear thinking.

I am a lot better than before already/

2 Likes

And somebody here who was helped by an antidepressant when it comes to negative symptoms? Me, I try lithium now. Its better than without it, but its still not perfect lol…

2 Likes

I have benefited from stimulants like Concerta. The only hesitation might be if someone has a bipolar tendency, in which case there could be a problem - but this would not be the rule, and the treating psychiatrist would be in a best position to judge.

If the benefits outweigh the risks, and your psychiatrist gives you clearance and monitors your progress, stimulants are probably safe.

2 Likes

I would love to try a stimulant.

Latuda lessens them but doesn’t make them go away.