Medication for thought broadcasting delusions?

Just to clear this up. Thought Broadcasting a positive symptom of schizophrenia…but it does not mean you are schizophrenic. I was a broadcaster for 12 years with no hallucinations or insertions. Last year when I finally came out to a family member I went to my therapist who I’ve had for years and told him. I have been diagnosed with a delusional disorder because I do not have any other positive sigh for schizophrenia. I lost all privacy for 12 years without telling a soul.

1 Like

What did you take that resolved the thought broadcasting?

I didnt take anything at first. I just started .5 mg respiradone and most likely have to go to 1 mg because I have a loud internal monologue. I stopped believing the delusion and giving it a power. Of course I have times or moments that I may believe it’s still real but I know the truth now and I quickly tell myself that it’s just the disorder

2 Likes

My broadcasting was 24/7/365 for 12 years and would go pretty far …neighbors outside window…not sure where is tapered off or the exact radius.

I have also been thought broadcasting, I was prescribed Abilify,and this is my third day on this medication. Do you remember how long it took for the Abilify to stop the broadcasting?(days?weeks?). Thank you

1 Like

It took me 6 months of meds to come out of my psychosis. My doctor said it can take up to 3 months… maybe I had improved in 3 months, but I would say 6 months to come out of my psychosis

I see, did you have legit broadcasting as in other people repeat what you think in your mind-to the point where you can have a conversation with your mind without saying a word? Or did yu come t realize that it was only a delusion?

1 Like

Thought broadcasting wasn’t a major part of my psychosis. But I did have it. It took me 3 months to realize my thoughts were delusions. But even after the three months, I wasn’t fully convinced until 6 months on meds.

It takes time. Taking medication is the best thing for you. I bought a watch with 3 alarms to remind me when to take my meds. Maybe you could benefit from something like that.

2 Likes

Im on my fourth day of taking 10mg abilify. Do you remember how long it took for the medication to completely get rid of thought broadcasting? Thanks

I just started taking 10mg of abilify a couple days ago. Do you remember how long it took for the thought broadcasting to go away?(weeks?months?)

I got sick in 2011 but didn’t have thought broadcasting until 2015. It took at least 1 year to recover enough with the help of APs. I was worried about a lot of things at the time, including electronics and electricity. I had really bad thought broadcasting and paranoia in the mental hospital. It has gone away, but sometimes I still think my conversations are being monitored/recorded a lot. It makes me scared.

In 2016, I saw some UFOs that told me telepathically that I had an implant (I think), which just made me more sick. In 2016, I almost died of NMS due to over medication.

I’m at the point in my life where I can find peace and happiness and still have mild paranoia and anxiety.

1 Like

@Ramle94

For me it took about a week.

Try Olanzapine/zyprexa

Nice, what medication were you taking sir?

Hey , I currently have thought broadcasting too , is there a way we can message, maybe we can help eachother get out of it. I’m currently going to take abilify 15 mg once my mom gets the medicine.

Hi. Did you have voices while having this delusion? Did abilify get rid of the voices ?

Do you remeber how long it took for the abilify to start working?I’ve been taking abilify for 15 days now,I’m not sure if I have seen any improvement or if I am not in my head as much

I’m pretty sure even my low dose of Abilify was working. I wasn’t getting any crazy synchronicities in searching for Youtube videos on Reddit when I was taking it, but now that I ran out I’m getting them again, and they’re ■■■■-ing vicious.

Hi guys! I have a question for you. Do any of you have people around you coughing, sneezing, making noises? if yes, do you know why they do it?

Because they’re human?

If you’re properly medicated, the coughs and sneezes stop meaning anything.

2 Likes