Medicare is buying me home traction equipment

I found out yesterday that physical therapy is ordering me a machine for home. I will be able to do traction for 20 minutes twice a day. You don’t understand what kind of pain relief that will be. I was able to set up the machine, strap myself in and pump it up to the right pressure on my own yesterday with no problem. I have 3 pt appointments left, then I’m on my own. It will be nice not to have to deal with going out and setting up rides anymore.

10 Likes

Wow. How did you get them to approve it?

1 Like

That’s awesome leafy!

1 Like

the physical therapist’s office that I’ve been going to for the last year got it approved for me.

3 Likes

Right on. That should help a lot with pain

1 Like

Oh it’s going to. I’m going to try and stop my pain meds.

2 Likes

Good for you. The less medication the better, I think. I do have pain meds for my back and my hip, but I only use them when I really need to

3 Likes

I have them for morning, noon and night, plus muscle relaxers. I usually skip the noon ones. I only sometimes take the muscle relaxer. I would like to get to where I seldom take the pain meds or never.

2 Likes

I’ve had back pain from 2 herniated disks since I was 36. I’m 61 now. No doctor has EVER prescribed pain pills for my back in spite of my one request. Instead, a doctor prescribed walking. I tried that for two years and it didn’t help. So, on my own accord, I took up yoga and thats what took care of the pain.

4 Likes

I’m going to sign up for yoga once I get my life in order.

I had surgery on my backin April, and I have a couple other engagements over the next couple months.

After that I’m hoping to sign up

2 Likes

Very good @anon99082702 ! I’m proud of you! You’ll find that like this website, yoga can be addicting. I’ve been practicing yoga for the last 16 years. It’s done me lots of good.

Because of yoga, I’m 61, but I can move like a 30 year old. I can honestly say that I haven’t been in this good of shape since I was 28 years old, back when I was running two miles every day.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.