Maybe i'm about to become an author again?

Last night I wrote a long commentary about suffering from schizophrenia and sold it the day after to a leading newspaper.

In Denmark mentally ill people are for the sake of political correctness called “Emotional vulnerable” instead of mentally ill. I hate the term. Suffering from schizophrenia and schizotypi - like me - is a struggle. You are going to be strong to live with the voices, the negatives, the feeling of a fragile reality. If you are “Emotionally vulnerable” you can’t make it, so you learn to be tough, one way or another.

I hope it’s the beginning to rekindle my literary career on a small scale

13 Likes

Thats so sick! Congrats on that wow

2 Likes

Super cool. :black_nib: ﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool !

2 Likes

Thanks @everhopeful @ThePoet @Kxev

I do it also because i don’t want to hide my MI anymore. Now people can read about it and know why i sometimes act a little weird and why i don’t have a job.

1 Like

Wow that’s great, something I’d be keen on doing too. Well done!

1 Like

Adds to the stigma of sz… I have little emotion, sometimes or most times none. No tough, but just nothing. Would rather call it: vulnerable.

Thanks @Hadeda and @anon84628834 - when i was young i was suffering from lack of emotions and everything else, just an empty shell. I had no thoughts either, it was hell.
Hope you get over it.

I think they by using the term “emotional vulnerable” not only stimgatize people with sz - we are used to it - but every mental ill person in general as some weak softies who cant handle anything.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.