Lowering Olanzapine dose/Completely stopping Cipralex

Tonight I am lowering my Olanzapine dose from 10 mg to 5 mg. I hope I can sleep…

Tomorrow will be my first day of not taking my Cipralex.

I’m hoping that eventually stopping both of these meds that I will have increased weight loss and increased libido.

On the down side, i’m worried that my paranoia and delusions will return. Also ive read horror stories of severe insomnia with quitting Olanzapine.

Anyone want to share personal experiences, opinions, advice, anything?

Wish me luck guys…

2 Likes

My gf had insomnia quitting olanzaoine. Went away though with time. I actually half my Abilify too. 10mg is too much gives me heart problems.

Just make sure the olanzaoine tablet is actually splitable… Some pills cannot be split!!

1 Like

I’m gonna cut them in half!

1 Like

@ThePoet - Okay I just read that splitting some meds can be dangerous… i think i’ll just stop the Olanzapine completely tonight

1 Like

Is your psychiatrist on board? @TheCanuk

1 Like

I dont have a pdoc @Wave

1 Like

Dude see if someone will prescribe you 5mg maybe…

1 Like

If you stop aps without tapering you could have worse symptoms than you ever had

2 Likes

@onepercentoff - i have been tapering. I was on 20 mg a day, been on 10 mg recently.

But if you were on 20 for a long time you should be on 10mg for a while too. Not just drop to 10 for a couple days then stop

1 Like

@onepercentoff - It hasnt been a couple days, its been 8 days on 10 mg

Anyway I’m not a dr i dont know f all, but I do know that you don’t want to end up in hospital with worse symptoms at your age and get put on heavy meds

1 Like

Thanks for the concern/opinion, I appreciate it. If I feel really bad ill start taking my Olanzapine and Cipralex again. I have some left. @onepercentoff

1 Like