Low-carb diets 'could shorten life'

2 Likes

@firemonkey already posted this. Sorry.

1 Like

Unless it is a mostly vegetarian diet then low carb det is fine…

It is interesting that the low and high salt research of last week, also used the same notion that a well balanced diet is the best option.

1 Like

When you are on AP drugs it’s nearly impossible to be moderate about your food intake or stay that way anyway. It’s a catch 22 for me. When I stay fat I usually am in better mental health. My relapse happened after I went down 3 pants sizes and weighed 30 pounds or more less than I had a few months previously. When my psychosis started I was skin and bones at 6’3, 170 pounds. It’s a sad story. If I eat carbs I tend to gain weight. But I can’t seem to stay away from carbs for good.

1 Like

all these vegan are pushing it on their kids,

make me so mad,

they’re causing eating disorders.
And why not juice??
kids love juice!

Eating a couple of portions of fruit every day is good, as the fructose and fibre found in whole fruit is slow acting on the insulin levels, however, fruit juice is made up of usually pulp free, added sugar and tens of fruit in an intense burst of quick acting fructose/sugar intake making it bad for diabetics., or causing diabetes.

Carbs are things like pasta, rice and potatoes. It is only when you replace these things with dairy and meat are they bad for you, like the keto diet for example. A vegan diet that replaces carbs with other grains, lentils and seeds instead of carbs is not bad for you is what the research suggests.

It is not vegans pushing it on their kids that is the iissue in hand here.

1 Like

They got a study for everything.

2 Likes

orange juices cleans the arteries,

and cranberry juice is good for the kidneys.
my kids never got diabetes.

sorry I was off topic, just general diet comment.

1 Like

It’s easy to do. You do well with posting information.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.