Lost my new job

@shutterbug I think im not so bad of a writer. Not sure what other home-like skills i have. Not very tech savvy compared to others my age.

I had it ripped away as a preteen. Doesn’t mean you can’t develop a measure of serenity later on. Just do the best you can in the day you’re in and things will get sorted over the long term. Honest.

1 Like

Why don’t you try a college course part time for starters?

I did that years ago

It was only 1 1/2 days a week and I learnt some skills from it

Might be worth checking?

Here courses start September time, so just in time

There are many adult learning routes, and sometimes they’re funded as well!

2 Likes

There’s a couple avenues for writers to work at home! Some of them don’t pay well, while others have the potential to move you into a freelance spot. From my research any type of editing or copywriting pays the best, and you can take some courses on Udemy (wait for a sale, seriously the courses get super cheap) on copywriting and peer editing. At first you’ll make peanuts, but it could end up being a full time gig.

There is a ton of work out there for writers with a plucky go get ‘‘em attitude.

With all of that being said, be proud of yourself! You put yourself out there! That’s freaking huge! You found a job that was too stressful and wasn’t a right fit, and that’s okay. Maybe you try again, or maybe you find that now is not the right time. Either way, I would reframe this as a win.

I award you an A for effort. I’m doing very well right now with my health and studies, and even I walked away from a restaurant job. They didn’t offer breaks, and I’m like bro it’s 2022, what do you mean you don’t offer breaks? I said sorry, not worth it.

You have guts for trying in a high stress environment, and I want you to acknowledge that!

2 Likes

Check out your self-esteem again. I lost a job because I thought I was ugly. The boss took a picture of me without my knowing it and showed it to me. I thought “I don’t look that bad at home.” I guess it was stress that made me tense and “ugly”. It ruined my confidence and I got replaced. Now, I’m like Jayster. -at an age where I am considered retired.

1 Like

@Squanchy thanks ill have a gander. @PinCushion hey i kind of feel you there with the appearance thing. I apparently have body dysmorphia. Went through a period where i was pretty well when it comes to sz symptoms. But i wouldnt leave the house for weeks at a time because what i saw in the mirror looked more like a monster to me. Would stare for long periods just freaking out about how ugly i thought i was. But this has mostly gone away now. I try not to put as much stock into the way i look these days.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.