Loosing house and feeling hopeless

K and I are loosing our house on the 15th. We can’t afford the apartments that are near us. K’s back is doing bad and if it goes out we won’t have any income she won’t be able to work. I don’t know what to do and I am thinking about stupid things. I am not self harming but I have thoughts of worse things. I want to die.

Oh no… I am so sorry to hear that. Is there anyway you can leave the state and go to one that has more tech jobs? Or file for any emergency assistance?

I am wishing the best for you, I wish I had some ideas that would be useful.

2 Likes

oh no. My family has had that hgappen. Just know that I will be praying for you. To whatever god or goddess there is on this earth and above XD

1 Like

I am sorry @sasha - maybe you can move to someplace where housing is cheaper, or like J said- get emergency assistance - choose life, yours may get better soon

1 Like

so sorry to hear this sasha. have you applied for unemployment benefits? are there any apartments that will take social security? things will get better although i know it doesn’t seem like that at the moment. have you got somewhere to go to on the 15th? xxx

1 Like

I would take you in, but I don’t think we live close to each other…and my family can’t even afford to feed ourselves.

1 Like

I can’t do unemployment because I am disabled. My SSDI application is pal ending though.

Currently I have nowhere to go on the 15th.

I can’t work.

Could you move to a suburb that is more rural or far away from city so the rent would be much cheaper ? Or you rent a house with two bedrooms and then share it with someone else?

Anyway you should apply for SSDI which would provide you with the basic need for life.

1 Like

dear sasha, if you own your home it could take months to get you to have to physically move. If you rent, are you saying that you have already received an eviction notice? would your landlord work with you or have you already asked?

1 Like

I rent, they will not help anymore. They already waived the breaking of the lease fee.

I have already applied to SSDI my application is pending.

Do you have friends or family who can help you out? Try going to the local food bank and shelter to get food and housing. Also, a church might help you out.

1 Like

I have a lawyer handling SSDI

sasha, I hate to say it but when I really need help and there is no money at all for a good two weeks. I take out a loan. I suggest maybe calling a bank and giving them promise that you will pay the loan when you get SSDI? Maybe that isn’t feasible for you but that’s all I can bring up right now.

1 Like

Hopefully someone will take you guys in. Best of luck.
We lost multiple homes over the last few years. (I’ve moved 9 times, about 3 of those times was us being kicked from our home)

2 Likes