Schizophrenia.com

Getting kicked out by August

My mom just talked to me and told me her boyfriend (Whos my landlord and who I also live with) and her want me out of the house by August. Even though I always pay my rent on time, its not enough for them. They cant handle me not working and sitting around all day. While I told my mom I think August is a fair deadline, im still stressing about this. I have difficulty holding jobs because of my depression and anxiety. Im 25 years old, I guess its time for me not to live with my mother anymore. I hope all of you are having a better night than I am.

8 Likes

My mom got an Order of Protection and had the County Deputies put me out of her house. They gave me 15 minutes to get out. She wasn’t happy I wasn’t working too. I managed to survive though. This was back in the Fall of 2008. She went in the nursing home the Summer of 2010.

3 Likes

That’s too bad. I hope you can find something. :hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick:

1 Like

@TheCanuk are you not on disability?

1 Like

@GrayBear - Thanks!
@dcragg65 - I am not on disability, I am on welfare though. Its only 700 a month though, so not a lot. I have to keep trying to hold a job down so I can have more money and find a room to rent.

3 Likes

Hope the best for you. Thank God your Mom gave you a good heads up. Gives you lots of time to figure things out first

2 Likes

Is there a HUD Housing Authority where you live. You pay 30% of your income in rent no matter what your income is. People who live in my building are on assistance and make only $700 or $800 a month. They might pay $100 to $200 for their apartment.

5 Likes

come live in the woods with me and we can be neighbours

2 Likes

Can you get assistance from the state to help you pay the rent?

1 Like

@TheCanuk Could you qualify for supportive housing for the mentally ill?

I think @FatMama recently moved into an apartment like this and seems very happy there.

5 Likes

Yes I applied for supportive housing for the mentally ill a couple of years ago after my hospitalization.

It was a nice house in an exclusive neighborhood.

I shared it with two other nice roommates.

Look into this @TheCanuk.

4 Likes

Sorry. I just checked your profile, and you are in Canada. I’m in the USA.

1 Like

Hopefully there’s assiduously can find. Start with your nurse or pdoc. See if they can refer you to disabled housing of sorts. I’m sorry this happened.

1 Like

Hope you can find an affordable place and job. It’s tough. You could apply for subsidized housing.

1 Like

In the states your parents can’t just ‘kick you out.’

Especially if you have been paying rent.

And you live in Canada (I’m guessing) where things are more liberal to begin with.

You probably have something similar to ‘tenant rights’ and should look into it.

I also think they can make things very uncomfortable for you if you stay beyond august; so you should lookinto what’s next for you.

GL

1 Like

How have you ever looked into getting ODSP. It’s still not a lot, but I think it’s around 1,100 or $1,200 a month

I think it is for Ontario residents only, but there should be something similar in other provinces.

Just a thought

1 Like

Nah canada is not more liberal to begin with. The police will come to your house and remove you if your parents ask.

1 Like

If you don’t feel stable, you could try a group home or something. Most states have programs that will find mentally ill an apartment through the local mental health department.

1 Like

ah that sucks that you have to move… you already got an idea about where you will move to?

I hope you find nice place to go to…

1 Like

Thanks for all the advice/opinions guys