Looking for some help

I am a mother on a mission! My 19 year old son was diagnosed with schizophrenia. He has been on seroquel, risperidone, zyprexa and now Latuda. We have gone through periods of no voices to periods of where he cannot handle it. I am at a loss. he feels hopeless. Can anyone share with me their stories or the meds you have been on? Maybe tell me how you cope or what you need from your support system? All these meds scare the ■■■■ out of me. On top of the main med he takes Adivan which doesn’t always help. I know he has smoked pot once or twice and it took all the voices away and calmed his anxiety. But this isn’t the answer either. Just curious how everyone else deals. Please let me know. ThaNk you.

You will be directed to the family forum but please invite your loved one to join this forum…

Can’t Be Said Enough … ,

Y.E.S. , , ,

Can Be , Good , Bad , Indifferent … ,

but e(Y)e Have Found PERSONALLY a Good Light that Shines on Self … ,

Response to Responses and Me Understanding Self More and More , Each Day e(Y)e Participate … ,

and May … ,

Jus May , Fynde Some Happi Friends (!!!) … ,

Good Luck on Your Travels @cjcdmc4 … … …

@cjcdmc4 I’d like to direct you over to our Family forum, found at:

While this forum is for people with schizophrenia and other closely related psychotic disorders, the Family forum is specifically for people like yourself, who have a loved one they are concerned about.

Also, please let your loved one know about this forum as they may find it helpful.

Best of luck,

Moonbeam
Volunteer moderator

3 Likes