Long shot ... Any spider enthusiasts here? Keep pets of them?

I’m writing a play about a spider and would love some advice…

Spider gets born spider eats bugs spider gets stepped on…

2 Likes

Ugh … I think that spiders are disgusting …

2 Likes

It’d be so weird to have that many legs to worry about.

1 Like

I agree @Wave. When I was back in Phoenix and had my reptiles, I had to go to the reptile store very frequently for food and whatnot. There, they had a whole aisle devoted to expensive tarantulas. I always wondered who really cares and avoided that aisle. Some people say reptiles are stupid pets to have, but an INSECT?!?!

2 Likes

i had a tarantula but it died :frowning:

had it 3 mths

it was pretty cool though :slight_smile:

died around the same time as my python :frowning:

2 Likes

Brilliant xxxxxx

:grinning:

They’re beautiful xx

1 Like

Hilarious line x thx

:grinning:

1 Like

If thine leg offendeth thee, pluck it off.

2 Likes

I think it’s a bit each to their own :grinning:

Cool x

Need to get help with accuracy of a jumping spider with the scenes I’ve written

The story is about a woman who gets turned into a spider

1 Like

You could make her a black widow. You could have her black widowly habits carry over to her human life. She could be the death of husbands, but I think that has been done before. Spiders are usually regarded as sinister creatures, except for in the children’s story “Charlotte’s Web”. It would be hard to make a spider a friendly creature, but that might be a new angle.

1 Like

i like spiders…snakes… :heart:
take care :alien:

1 Like

So far I’ve written her as a jumping spider, in a psych ward, cursed by someone she meets in a bar, overhearing staff and patients, not being able to leave because of territory and hunting a fruit fly xxx

1 Like

Interesting … very interesting

1 Like

I am slowing down with it… I’m running out of ideas I think… It’s 33 minutes long at the moment - spoken - and it needs to be another 17 minutes long in order to reach my goal with it
it also has to stay interesting
I can still get 500 words out in the morning each day but its slow going and I don’t know if it will be as interesting from now on… I think I’m running out of material in my brain
IVe now got her in daylight for the first time and going outside for the first time and trying to catch a grasshopper but it jumps away

I’ve got a woman going round picking up cigarette butts and other people in the garden just sitting about
Don’t know what else happens in the garden really… lots of smoking

Someone could be playing frisbee. Dogs loitering about. Perhaps even someone picnicking in a clearing or something?

So is this like an anthropomorphized spider? Are the other people spiders as well? Or is it just someone who thinks they are a spider?

Think it’s dreams of a woman who’s beena psych patient in hospital but finds herself dreaming every night for 3 nights… That she’s back in hospital as a spider

Then has a dream about something completely different - the reveal
She’s seen a woman fall asleep with bleach on her hair in the bathroom, she’s tried to get out of the hospital by going past reception, but finds she is in a area of territory as a spider
She’s heard someone on the phone singing a mad song
She is then going back home back to work normal day for the sleep again goes from the staffroom where the staff talk, then she goes back to the bathroom and sees a man wash a crystallised spider on the soap down the sink

then she goes to the rooms and finds fruit flies on an apple eats one then ends up back home again another day at work then transforms again this time goes in the garden and tries to eat a grasshopper but it jumps away
All pretty typical spidery stuff

Have had thoughts that she suddenly on the way to get a closer look at a different kind of spider suddenly sees a tarantula The only truly dream like image - where she wakes up has a normal day and then dreams about a tea party or something

Hmmm. Sounds complex. That’s not a bad thing.

The idea is entertaining. I started feeling like a spider when imagined have eight legs. I didn’t like it.