Living with Schizophrenia- my way of life

I have chosen to live with Schizophrenia because it is almost impossible to find all answers to every questions relating to this disabling disorder.
I still can work and ride the motorcycle to everywhere in town. The only thing that keeps haunting me is the habit of talking to myself- I don’t really know if it is a symptom of auditory hallucination, inner voice or just self-talk.

Had you decide to live with Schizophrenia? Recovery is still possible to some but I believe most survivors struggle day-to-day.

As a side note, I’m sorry for infrequent visit to this forum since the last two months. The forum has been part of my life and I believe it will still be so for the rest of my life. Good day everyone!

4 Likes

i have no choice but to stick with my illness, nothing much i can do at this point. had this schizo for 11years + already… its like to me “when will this nightmare ends?” but sadly it doesnt. this forum does helps alot, when i am down and things kind of doesnt goes my way or when i want to share my problems, i will come here and type them out, i mean who the hell can be there for me 24/7. thank goodness they had such a forum for me to voice out.

2 Likes

This is more than a forum. We are all one big family.
We are willing to do anything for each other.
You can always count on me to support you.

2 Likes

i love it here too. everyone here is so nice and supportive, it is terrific for us with sz.

judy

1 Like

Life with schizophrenia is possible. Throughout the last 6 yrs I’ve experienced a change from a total party animal-extrovert person into a quiet, calm and quite introvert guy and a work-a-holic. Currently I’m totally focused on work and earning. I don’t really have time for hobbies or friends in my everyday life. I don’t think I’m good in social situations anymore. The only person I need daily is my GF, and my favourite pastime activities have become reading, eating and having sex. What I’ve recently noticed is that I don’t get any more satisfaction from online gambling and alcohol, and I’m sure it will do me only good. Although I know that my life ain’t perfect, I guess I’m slowly heading totwards something which the rest of the society could consider as normality.

I’d also like to say sorry for being absent recently. I’m really busy nowadays.

1 Like

lucius, i hope you make time for yourself too. R&R time you know.

good luck.

judy

1 Like

thank you Judy :slight_smile:

I’ve been less active on this forum too. Working more between day job and writing a book.

Try to make time for people,I am seeing a friend for dinner next week.

1 Like

My job involves a lot of contact with people so I get a bit tired of human interaction a fter a whole week at work. I most of all need more time for my gf and myself, Contact with friends and family has unfortunatelly become more of an obligation than relax and entertainment for me.

i didnt choose my illness or decide, it developed over a number of years

2 Likes

for now, i have lived with the illness, but it has become part of me. i am not ashamed of having such illness. i don’t mind living with it though, it shifts my mind and mindset and let me experience and view a lot of different things, those 11 years weren’t wasted at all… it was part of “growing” up out of it. ^^ if one’s mind is resilience either by learning or picking one up. then living with it is very possible, not only that, it makes you becomes a bridge of “normal” people and mentally troubled people. ^^ God bless. great days ahead peeps ^^.