Living the Dream!

So just relaxing after another hell week. Recommended we do like 4 games of cricket this winter. Committee in their genius got us 7 with the old boy being out of action. So we’ve lost a person who was probably doing 30 plus hours a week and myself doing about 8-12.

So first game rain. Means cover for a turf wicket. That means someone has to be there to put it on or take it off. You can’t just turn up and put it on. Anyways. I know it won’t make sense to most of you but this week I did 5 days in a row down the cricket club!

I’ve got a couple of guys to help me out but they are not available for a lot of the week. So I think it’s going to be a long winter for myself. No game this week so probably do a day of about 6 hours max this week…

Anyways. Just wanted to vent. I don’t mind helping out and doing the work but makes for a hard cop for me. I don’t want a real job!

13 Likes

Oof yeah, that sounds like a lot. Don’t really understand it, but that’s a lot off time in one day to be busy. I coach Little LED’s soccer team and it’s only 3 hours a week but feels like I can’t handle much more than that. Can’t imagine 6 hours a day. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a lot to put on me and they don’t really care. I love your coaching the little ones. Only reason I do this is because it’s enjoyable and helps out the club and doing justice to my mentor. I’ve been there doing this for like 15 years…

Very cool @LED for the coaching. Enjoy it though because volunteering is great. So enjoyable when you get results or progress in your skills so much admiration from me to you!

1 Like

I’ve read your post three times, and I cannot for the life of me understand WTF you’re talking about.

2 Likes

Hahahahahaha… welcome to the club. When I read rogueone’s cricket posts my eyes glaze over and I start to drool a little.

3 Likes

Its some thing like the one below sentence I feel,

“It deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.”

I know you are venting :+1:

3 Likes

The example I gave is wrong my mind is going Haywire… Full swing in thoughts now I came back to earth … Phew what a ride it was…

It does have the benefit of making off time more valuable though, eh.

1 Like

Winter started in Australia.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.