LGBTQ+ talk

I’m a single, 62 year old gay man, and I have come across several other older LGBTQ+ people. I was in the closet when I was a young man, but now I’m out.

5 Likes

I’m glad you don’t feel like you have to hide anymore.

2 Likes

Thanks @CoCo. I was a teenager in the 1970’s and a twenty something in the 1980’s. Times were different back then.

3 Likes

Yes they were. It was not really safe back then to be out

2 Likes

True. Especially here in Arkansas. My mom served as a juror on the trial of a man who tortured then killed a gay man. She knew about me when she served as a juror.

Yeah. That’s so awful. It was common back then to attack lgbtq+. Unfortunately, it still happens just not as much

2 Likes

The worst that ever happened to me was I was called a derogatory word, and had a couple of guys come out of a restaurant and kick the bumper of my car when my date and I left the restaurant.

This was a fastfood restaurant. No place fancy.

You got that right. Where I lived when I was a kid a non heterosexual person would get their ass kicked.

1 Like

What was that kid’s name. Matthew something? That was sad how he died.

2 Likes

Thanks @Loke. I can’t think of his last name either. Mathew Shepard lived in Wyoming and died in 1998. I googled it.

2 Likes

In the latest sexual orientation poll, five on this forum voted gay, and nine voted bi. I thought other LGBTQ+ members would like a thread to chat on.

Straight people are welcome too.

1 Like

Usually when you direct a thread at a particular group, like women, men, LGBTQ+, whatever,

Most replies are from the opposite of who you opened the tread for.

Just works out that way most the time for some reason.

Example:

I’m a straight person commenting on your thread.

I’m pretty sure the other two members that commented are too.

But it’s a good thread and will get some traction once everyone is online.

1 Like

Thanks @Charles_Foster. This forum usually is very positive towards LGBTQ+ members.

2 Likes

At the local Rainbow Recovery group at NA there are usually more straight people at the meeting than LGBTQ+ people. Just people needing to go to a meeting.

1 Like

Little Rock is liberal for Arkansas. There’s a nondiscrimination ordinance in housing and employment for LGBTQ+ people.

Its a well known secret unknown that im super gay but bang bang i actually prefer women but still gay baby i was born this way! :wink: do your thing!

2 Likes

Thanks @matthewj.

I came out when I was 16.

4 Likes

Reading the report Little Rock scores 66 while the national average is 64. The scale is zero to 100. A “D” grade is considered good for Arkansas.

Thanks @anon9798425. My family found out when I was 17 if I remember correctly. I was in the closet at work and publicly.

Now I’m out at church. Still somewhat closeted at my psychiatric clinic though. There’s a few hateful people there.

1 Like