Let's diet together!

Sounds good, I’m not sure about what to eat this week that we set up the diet. Twenty years ago I had gastric by-pass surgery so I can’t eat much in one sitting but I am known to eat constantly and known to make poor food choices. Hopefully as a group we can support each other and come up with something that will be beneficial to all of us.

1 Like

Thanks! Drinking enough water is real hard for me. I keep forgetting. I will watch it, i know i feel better when i do. Thanks for the reminder.

Aargh…And i brought 4 (!) bars of Tony chocolonely chocolate. There was a discount. And i have eaten a lot of it already. Not good! :pensive:

1 Like

Well for starters I think your drinking sufficient water is a great idea.

I also personally am a HUGE fan of getting enough natural fibre in the diet. :slight_smile:

Can you guys do that? Buy chocolate and just take one little piece a day?

Here, the whole bar is sitting next to me on the couch and slowly but steadily disappears within a day or so.

I really need to not buy it.

2 Likes

I can’t do it. I have to cut chocolate out entirely. But we are all different. Plus I’m not good with caffeine which is also found in chocolate. I eat these every morning as a treat soooo gooood…

5 Likes

Today as we begin to develop our plan, let’s talk about one of the first and most obvious lifestyle changes that we need to incorporate…exercise.

Most experts say a MINIMUM of 10 minutes of aerobic exercise a day is needed seven days a week. It can be walking, dancing, jogging, running, housework at a brisk pace, moving furniture, shoveling snow, yoga, pilates, tai chi, martial arts, bowling the ideas are as endless as your imagination.

Can you commit to the minimum? If so please share your personal ideas on how you would make your at least ten minutes.

1 Like

I wanna get into the150’s again. I’ve drifted into the 160’s.

not from eating. I sit too much. I guess everyone cuz of Covid has gained weight. idk.

1 Like

I lost 1.8lbs from yesterday.

1 Like

I had a weight loss plateau for 4 straight weeks. Then in the fifth week I suddenly dropped 4 pounds. So hang in there! Don’t give up!

4 Likes

Id like to join in. I want to get there by either brisk walking or brisk housekeeping each day. Will aim for a bit more than 10 minutes most days.

I know i wont go running, so i will stick to what i know i can do.

My bicycle was stolen, and i do everything by foot or bus now. So each day is feasible.

2 Likes

Walked for 55 min this AM. Going to walk for 60 min over lunch. Tai Chi this evening.

4 Likes

Thankyou Pianogal :hugs:

Glad your plateau changed…

2 Likes

I modified this to half a cup of lentils. Quarter of a cup is not enough…for me.

I am also varying the vegetables to other vegetables :smile:

I use frozen vegetables as it is cheaper

2 Likes

My current favourite snacks are fibre one bars about 90 calories(I love the salted caramel ones) , baby bel lights 50 calories and 10 cal jelly pots :slight_smile:

3 Likes

180 and I wanna get down to 160 at least!

I have started calorie counting😬

Good luck to you @anon10627598

1 Like

Bit over 101 kgs and 30% bodyfat. I’m happy with my progress and moving down in fat %. Down from 33%. It’s hard bloody work but feeling really good.

3 Likes

I’m starting exercising tomorrow. I’m really heavy and my joints are hurting so I’m starting with 20 mins every other day to start with. I hope to work up to 20-30 mins almost everyday. I’m excited to work out again. I started calorie counting yesterday and it’s hard but I’m doing my best.

3 Likes
3-2-21 Daily Water poll
  • I got 50% of my body weight in water.
  • I got the bare minimum in water
  • I didn’t drink any water today
  • I got between the minimum and 50%

0 voters

1 Like
Exercise goal March 2,2021
  • I did not exercise.
  • I got the minimum.
  • I got more than the minimum.

0 voters

1 Like

I just weighed, and I’m down to 259lbs 117.5kg. when I posted previously I was 263lbs 119.3kg. I have only been eating 1400 calories or less the last several days. I don’t walked yesterday a little, but not today.

2 Likes