Let's diet together!

I’ve started the slimming world diet since about four days. So far so good.

I’m 196 pound. Want to get down to 147.

1 Like

Good luck with your goals, everyone!

I’m working on dropping some weight myself, for health reasons. I was counting calories for a while to give myself an idea of how much I should be eating to see the results I want and within the past few days I have become confident enough in my eating routine to become more lax about tracking stuff.

Exercise-wise, I’m aiming to walk at least half an hour a day.

2 Likes

I weigh 160.0 lbs. (last weight), and that is only 2 lbs. above my goal. My BMI is 24.0 so that is a normal BMI.

I eat whatever and whenever I want. But I measure my portions and I limit myself to only one serving of everything. I do eat sweets but like I said, one serving and I measure portion size.

I never drink my calories. Which means no pop, alcohol, energy drinks, juices, or sugar or cream in my coffee. I drink only plain water and plain, black coffee.

I believe in exercise. I do about 30 minutes of hatha yoga about 5 times a week. In addition, I walk outdoors (when weather permits), about 30 minutes a day, 4 to 5 times a week. During inclement weather, I don’t worry about the walking. I live in Nebraska, USA so, there you go.

FYI, 7 years ago, I was 208 lbs. and obese. I lost all that weight and have kept it off for the past 6 years this way. All the while being on 3 AP’s: Risperdal, Geodon and Seroquel the whole time. I am still on these meds. And they are all known weight gainers.

4 Likes

@Raelyn_Fenn , Great!!! Now, whatever you do, DO NOT go back to normal eating! Keep on restricting your calories otherwise all your excess weight will come back and then some. Believe it!

1 Like

Aw thanks, you’re amazing.

Keep on keeping on, you’re doing fantastic.

I officially weighed this morning, and I’m 257.4. A half a pound loss. But I previously weighed 256.8 before I gained a couple of pounds.

1 Like

I found a spring coat I haven’t worn since around 2004. it’s a large (L). I can fit into it. It’s tight, but I can zip it up. This hasn’t been possible since 2004. Also at this time last year I was wearing 3XL.

Putting this in the win column.

3 Likes

I am back from being banned.

1 Like

The person who can do that has great self control

I think the key is fixed meals. Choose one you like and just have the same thing with small variations every day.

Calorie counting is great in theory but in reality it’s too random and it’s not all about calories

Measuring too is key

1 Like

I didn’t eat today until now 10pm, had a bit of tofu and a 180 calories protein bar.

1 Like

My diet starts tomorrow.

You mentioned you had food problems at the moment. Is it overeating?

Yea really bad. I gotta really start tmrrw like really really.

How’s your diet going atm

It’s going ok. Started 16 8. Was very hungry this morning.

1 Like

Good luck, you can keep this up. I know I can, this time.

I hope I can. I saw a picture of you. You look slim to me.

I’m only like a few kg from the top end of my healthy bmi range. But I want to get to 55kg. I’m 166cm.